Making a Mini Rag Wreath
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 239 Posts
December 2, 2015
Make this cute little wreath out of fabric taken from old t-shirts, pillowcases, and summer skirts. Add bows and embellishments for a bit of extra sparkle. Hang by your front door for a pretty first impression for visitors.
- 2 circular objects, one large and one much smaller to draw around
- scraps of recycled fabric
- 1 small piece of corrugated card taken from a cardboard box
- 1 pair of scissors
- cord, ribbons, and bows
- PVA glue if you wish to add embellishments
- Use a marker to draw around your circular objects on the cardboard.
- Cut out the resulting doughnut shape. Don't worry about neatness or accuracy because it will be hidden under the fabric.
- Tie on a piece of cord for hanging.
- A little spot of glue will help keep it in place.
- Cut your fabric into strips of approximately 2.5cm x 30cm.
- Tie the strips around the card using a double knot.
- Make sure you push the pieces of fabric tightly together.
- You can leave your wreath shaggy like this...
- Or you can trim it and add other embellishments such as these bows using a good all purpose or white PVA glue.
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 523 Posts
December 13, 20150 found this helpful
Nice. Has a sweet, homey appeal. Great color combination.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.