Fabric Wreath Craft Projects

Category Fabric
A simple, inexpensive way to create a seasonal decoration for your home or someone else's. This guide contains fabric wreath craft projects.

I made a yo-yo quilt for my mother-in-law for Christmas and had 4 bags of scrap material. I made a fabric wreath using the scraps. I took a wire hanger, cut off the "hook" and bent one side to make a "U" turned sideways. then I took the scrap of material, pierced it (or cut) and "threaded" it onto wire form. Repeat until you have completed circle. At other end, make another "U" turned the opposite way so you can hook the 2 sides together. I crimped it so it would not come apart. I then added a ribbon bow where the crimp was. It turned out beautiful. I had enough to make 2 3/4 wreaths. I kept one and gave the other 2 as gifts. Not bad for "free".

By Kat from PA

To make a Victorian wreath use a straw wreath and cut 4x4 inch pieces of ecru lace (fabric store). It depends on how large the wreath is for the amount of lace. Take Phillips screwdriver and in center of each lace square, puncture it into wreath until the wreath is nice and full.

Decorate with holiday ornaments or just a big bow and hang. Its easy and beautiful above a sofa or fireplace. When you store it put in large plastic bag; will last for years. Enjoy!

By gammy2player from Monroe, GA

This wreath is inexpensive to make (I made mine for under $10!) but will be a treasured gift for many years. It can be made to fit any decor, personality, or holiday.

fall fabric wreath

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a coat hanger cloth wreath. This coat hanger cloth wreath will make a wonderful Christmas decoration.

Coat Hanger Cloth Wreath

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a rag wreath. A rag wreath is an excellent recycled decoration for Christmas.

tan and brown rag wreath

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a mini rag wreath. Rag wreaths are colorful and easy to make. This diminutive version is perfect for a small spot that needs a splash of color.

Making a Mini Rag Wreath

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I would like to know if anyone has a pattern for a fabric wreath. It is a ruffled material wreath panel that is sewed and then slides onto a Styrofoam circle form.

You sew the material in a long panel and bunch together to form ruffles on the form, then you can attach a bow. Its pretty and also very country, I had a pattern years ago, but cannot locate now. Thanks.

By Debbie from Christiansburg, VA

Answers

Debbie: Sandi here from Yorktown!!

You don't need a pattern. Measure the width of your form (in other words, how wide it is around the form, not the entire circle) then give yourself about 1/2" leaway. If the form is 2" from the inside of the circle to the outside, it will be another 2" in the back, and then there will be the width in the bottom and the top.

Cut your fabric 3 times the circumferance of your entire circle. Sew the tube, thread it on, whip stitch the two ends together and decorate.