Crochet Wire Hanger Covers

I have a pattern for crocheting wire hanger covers.

The pattern is simple. Use two wire hangers tied together by the hook.

Use a size g-hook and WW yarn. Start by chaining 6. Turn, SC in each chain. Turn, continue until it is long enough to go completely around hanger and hook. Do not fasten off. You should have a piece about 2 in. by 28, or there about. Wrap around hanger and SC edges together. Fasten off. Weave in ends. Tye a pretty ribbon around base of hook.and on the top of the hanger where straps might go.These are very sturdy and thick and pretty. I always give a set for Xmas, and it is a good way to use those hangers. Make sure the hanger are plastic coated. so they won't rust. Have fun. These are great for craft fairs too.

By Carole from Henderson, NV

They do make good gifts! I took several bundles of 6's to Dom. Rep. for the housekeepers. I also give them as thank you's and to family and neighbors. I use nylotex to braid them - another version of a covered hanger. If you wet the fabric it is easy to keep the fabric snug as you braid. I love covered hangers and enjoy making the unique gift to last. I'd like to see a picture of the crocheted hangers if you have one.

Cool! Another thing I do is simply chain some scrap yarn with a size hook you feel comfortable with. Just crochet the chain till you think it's long enough. and if it isn't, don't worry. You can simply keep going with more yarn from the short end. I then take the tails (I say plural because I almost always crochet with two strands) and tie them around the base of the hook. Then, with low temp glue, I secure the first of the chain and just wrap around the hanger, gluing every 2 or 3 inches. Keeping the chain in a ball helps to pass it through. When you come up the other side, you can break off or wrap the hook, too. I don't, because sometimes it makes it hard to fit on the rod, but if yours is smaller, then by all means do.

It is nice and thick and practically free!

PS: These don't work on wire hangers...

Can someone give me the pattern instructions for braided clothes hanger covers? Thanks

This is uncanny, I was just about to go on e-bay and spend 10.00$ for those hanger covers. This is great. I can use my leftover yarn too. As I get bigger my clothes get bigger and they don't stay on my hangers. Lol Thanks

I crochet wire hangers also. They made a unique gift for someone I hold dear in a dementia ward. They are fairly sturdy after crocheting them and I sewed a piece of material on each one with her name (as is required there). The name of course was put on with permanent marker.

I am more of a visual person. Do you have a video showing how to make these crochet hangers? I found one on YouTube but the chains end up very loose. Please help.

Blue crocheted clothes hanger.
Crochet Coat Hangers
Crafts CrochetDecember 16, 2008
Photo of a finished dog made out of yarn.
Making a Yarn Dog
Bailing Wire
Craft Ideas Using Baling Wire
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Colorful sweater hanging in a closet.
Removing Hanger Bumps on Sweaters
🎉
🎄