Crochet Coat Hangers

For mere pennies, you can have a pretty hanger. This one is for my little girl, but with more mature colors, etc. you could easily make them for adults too. All you need is a basic plastic hanger, yarn of any weight, and something pretty to attach to the neck. I used a wire butterfly from the dollar store. They are sold in packs of 3, so are very inexpensive! A silk flower hot glued to the front would also be cute.

If you'd like a quick and unique baby shower gift, buy a pack of baby hangers and whip up a batch of these for the new little princess. Whatever you do, have fun!

Total Time: approximately 30-40 minutes

Yield: 1

Source: Self

• plastic hanger
  • "I" crochet hook
  • embroidery needle
  • scissors
  • wire butterfly
  • tiny amount worsted yarn

1. Start with a basic plastic tube hanger.
  2. You will be crocheting around the hanger. It will feel awkward at first, but you will get the hang of it. Simply place your hook behind the hanger and yarn in front.
  3. First single crochet made.
  4. As you single crochet, your stitches will be far apart and twisty. Don't worry, you can fix it.
  5. See? Just slide your stitches over and straighten them. I had made 34 single crochet at this point.
  6. Just continue right around the corner, 62 sc here.
  7. And around the 2nd corner, 150 sc at this point.
  8. When you have 185 sc done, you will be at the top!
  9. You will need to weave your ends in on the back side of the hanger here.
  10. See, all gone!
  11. Now grab your butterfly, or whatever pretty thing you want to attach to the neck.
  12. Thankfully, this has wire at the back, so I simply had to wrap it around the hanger.
  13. If it hadn't, I would have hot glued it on. Glue gun to the rescue!
  14. See?
  15. Enjoy!

4 More Solutions

Crochet a couple of extra and take them to your local nursing home, these are perfect for hanging nightgowns on because they help to keep the gown on the hanger. These could be made for men also, just use more earth tones.

Blue crocheted clothes hanger.

I have a pattern for crocheting wire hanger covers. The pattern is simple. Use two wire hangers tied together by the hook.

I a looking for the pattern for crocheted hangers.

Anyone know how to crochet a pad for a wooden coat hanger so when your clothes hang they don't get the bump on the shoulder? Thank you! Rio Lady

In These Pages
Crafts Crochet IdeasFebruary 22, 2012
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crochet-Coat-Hangers-1.html