Share Crafts

Best Water Temperature for Washing Clothes

In an effort to save money, I have decided to wash my pants suits in the washing machine instead of sending them to the dry cleaners every month. These are nice suits that I wear to work, but they are also washable suits. Should I wash them on cold water only so they won't shrink or wash them on the wrong side so they won't lose their color?

By Onesummer

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By mcw [80] 07/31/2011

Wash them in cold water, using a gentle cycle on washer and turn inside out. Pant suits don't get that soiled and you can also use a short cycle. Remove them from the washer when cycle ends and you can hang them to air dry.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Sheilah Link [5] 08/01/2011

MCW has it right, cold water, gentle cycle, Woolite and turn them inside out. Hanging them to air dry reduces the need to iron. This is how I got through years of teaching in a building without AC. Finger press in the creases, and gently stretch the seams. Smooth the damp material with your fingers and you may not even need to iron them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No