Losing a Couple of Pounds

Does anyone know of any fast working diets meant for people who want to lose only a couple of pounds?

Aliesha

If you cut out dairy entirely from your diet you'll lose quickly and will feel very good! I didn't plan on losing weight when I became vegan but cutting out the dairy just changed everything. Even if you do it for a few weeks you'll notice a HUGE difference in your body and will feel lighter. There are lots of dairy free alternatives on the market so you won't feel too deprived. Good luck!

I lost 7 pounds in a week by not drinking any soda pop, cutting out fast food and cutting in half any junk food I ate around the house.

Try the South Beach Diet. It's a healthy version of the Atkins diet, where you cut out all high glycemic index foods/carbs. At first you don't eat ANY flour, potatoes, sugar, most fruits or dairy. But you do eat almost any vegetables and lean meat/fish/eggs/cheese. It's brutal, but really does work. Just think of eating salad w/ eggs/meat/cheese and oil-based dressing, or lean meats and veggies, or eggs and cheese/veg, like an omelette. With Splenda, it's doable, and my husband lost about 11 lbs in two weeks and lost his addiction to full-sugar pop. I lost 8 lbs, and I need to continue it again!

After 2 weeks, you can add in some bits of whole-grain carbs and fruits. And later it even gets less restrictive. I think it's a smart way to reinvent the way Americans eat and diet.

There are no restrictions on how much, just eat 'moderately' and sensible. It's done by a cardiologist, so it's way better than the Atkins bacon and eggs way--scary!

Eat primarily lean meats and non-starchy vegetables (green leafy vegetables, carrots, tomatoes, celery, radishes). Lean meats include skinless chicken or turkey breast, fish, shrimp, crab, and other types of seafood/shellfish, deer or buffalo if available, and lean cuts of beef (look for "loin" or "round" in the name).

Avoid starchy foods, and of course sugar. Starchy foods includ breads, baked goods, cereals, potatoes, rice, noodles, pasta, legumes, corn, lima beans, etc.

Try to fill up on lots of veggies. You can eat eggs or egg beaters per your preference, if you like. You can also include milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, or soy milk, but should limit these to 16 ounces/day. The protein from the meats and eggs will help you to feel less hungry for longer. Also avoid fruits and especially fruit juices while you are doing this.

DRINK a lot of water (8-10 8-ounce glasses per day). Ice in your water may help to speed your metabolism a tiny bit. If you don't like water try a sugar free, non-carbonated drink such as Crystal Light, or diet or un-sweetened tea, or just try adding lemon or orange slices to your water. Try to avoid any sodas, even diet.

Just a word of caution - PLEASE do not do this if you have any renal (kidney) disease, or osteoporosis/osteopenia, or if you are pregnant or lactating. If you are under 18 years of age, please see a physician first. PLEASE do not do this for an extended period of time as it is not nutritionally balanced. BTW, I'm a Registered Dietitian (ie Nutritionist with credetials).

Eat boiled prunes every day or night,this works for me. Also cut your meals in half every day; just eat half what you always eat. Good luck.

I've tried several diets, and the only one that has ever worked in the Atkins Diet. I lost 1.2kg the very first night! The second night I lost 0.8kg. I can't recommend it enough! Good luck!

I suggest the South Beach Diet. Phase 1 you do for only the first two weeks. It's a very healthy way of eating but you eat normal foods. Basically lean meats and non starch veggies. It's not a strit as Adkins but I actually lost more weight on South Beach then I did when I tried Adkins. It has been the best thing I've ever done for myself.

I recommend you to stop drinking soda, alcohol and eat fruits and vegetable. Drink lots of water as well it can help.

I would say if you're like me and always wanting to munch on something, try bran flakes dry or with milks. They are full of fiber and iron and lots of good stuff and low in calories and fat free. They are crunchy and a little bit sweet and it does the trick for me. I also always make sure i have plenty of seasonal fruit available (apples right now) as well as lots of carrots or other favorite veggie. Don't cut carbs because then you will have no energy and feel hungrier. I would suggest eating healthy carbs, whole grains, baked potato, etc. but in moderation. Good luck!

Health & Beauty Weight LossFebruary 5, 2009
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Losing Weight
Losing Weight
Woman Weighing Herself
Losing 5 Pounds in a Week
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
🎄
🍂