My daughter and I made this recipe up one day, it's like a kicked-up version of Frito Pie.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cans chili with beans
- 1/4 cup mild salsa (or to taste)
- 1 can Niblets corn, drained
- 1 package Frito's Scoops chips (optional)
- 1 package tortillas (optional)
- Grated cheese (colby jack is good - it's not oily as it melts)
- Sour cream
- Chopped onion/scallions
- Sliced olives
- OR anything you want - get creative!
TIP: I like to buy ground beef in bulk - when I get home, I take 1/2 - 3/4 of the package and cook it (seasoned with only salt and pepper) for use in recipes like sloppy joes, spaghetti, tacos, etc. I freeze it in one pound portions - then for a quick meal, I thaw and season it for the recipe - then dinner is on the table even faster!
Also, I usually buy extra-extra lean ground beef, but if ground chuck is on sale, I snag up as much as I can! It has such a great flavor, especially for burgers and tacos!
By Marie from Idaho Falls, Idaho