Mexican Sloppy Joes - Categories:

Mexican Sloppy Joes

contest winner icon

My daughter and I made this recipe up one day, it's like a kicked-up version of Frito Pie.

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 2 cans chili with beans
  • 1/4 cup mild salsa (or to taste)
  • 1 can Niblets corn, drained
  • 1 package Frito's Scoops chips (optional)
  • 1 package tortillas (optional)

• Grated cheese (colby jack is good - it's not oily as it melts)
  • Sour cream
  • Chopped onion/scallions
  • Sliced olives
  • OR anything you want - get creative!

TIP: I like to buy ground beef in bulk - when I get home, I take 1/2 - 3/4 of the package and cook it (seasoned with only salt and pepper) for use in recipes like sloppy joes, spaghetti, tacos, etc. I freeze it in one pound portions - then for a quick meal, I thaw and season it for the recipe - then dinner is on the table even faster!

Also, I usually buy extra-extra lean ground beef, but if ground chuck is on sale, I snag up as much as I can! It has such a great flavor, especially for burgers and tacos!

By Marie from Idaho Falls, Idaho

Food and Recipes Recipes SandwichesAugust 3, 2008
Sloppy Joe Pocket Recipes
Sloppy Joe Pocket Recipes
Onion Burger
Onion Burger Recipes
Souper Burger Recipes
Souper Burger Recipes
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group