Silly Putty Stain

How do you get silly putty out of a blanket?

By Lisa from Colorado Springs, CO

First, lay the fabric on a flat surface and stretch it out till it is taught. Next, get rubbing alcohol a butter knife and cotton balls, wet the cotton ball and rub it over all the silly putty then scrape it off with the knife repeat this until it is all off. Then launder the item as usual. (With pillows or carpet you don't need to launder.) I Hope this works for you, it worked great on my sweat pants!

My suggestion would be to freeze it, then use a butter knife to scrape it off. Hope that does it. Jenny

Doesn't work:(

70 % Isopropyl Alcohol! Works like magic! I washed and dried my granddaughter's Disney Frozen Olaf fleece (100% polyester/ dark blue & white)) blanket, without realizing her hot pink ball of silly putty was wrapped in the blanket. It was a glob and smear when I pulled from the dryer. My son told me to throw it out or look online, how to remove. I came to this site. Thank You to all for your suggestion! Tried the shaving cream (Edge) but only lifted the glob a little. Poured the alcohol on, waited 2 minutes, scraped a portion of the globs with the smooth edge of a butter knife, wiped the now completely dissolved pink silly putty/alcohol off with paper towels, sprayed with Resolve (just to be sure) and re-washed & dried. Perfect! Thanks so much!

freeze it

Use an ice Cuba to loosen the silly putty of then use hands to pick as much stuff as u can if there is still more silly putty in this materiel use a butter knife to try to scrap more of

Doesn't work.too much silly putty

rubbing alcohol dissolves it away nicely

Watched a you tube video rubbing alcohol worked. I am about to try

I just got some on my micro plush throw. Rub at the area with a rubbing alcohol-soaked cotton ball, the silly putty disintegrates away leaving no residue if it is a large amount go on the other side of the fabric and soak from the back, it releases the putty hope this helps.

Nice

Red plastic egg for Silly Putty. Removing Silly Putty stains from clothing and fabric.
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Clothing and Fabric
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 17, 2011
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
red putty egg
Homemade Silly Putty Recipes
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Carpet
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Upholstered Furniture
🎉
🎄