Product FinderConsumer Advice

Shopping for a Tub or Shower Caddy

I recently replaced my shower head with one of those with the long hose. Sorry, I don't know what it's called. I haven't found an over the showerhead caddy that doesn't get in the way of using this device.

I've been searching for an over the tub caddy. I found one online at Walmart for $19.99, but it was out of stock. After further searching I found that all were in the range of about $30, to over the hundreds. This is way out of my price range. I've searched Walmart, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, JCP, Sears, QVC, HSN, Home Depot, Lowes; no luck yet. I haven't found one in a brick and mortal store either.

I don't think one using suction cups would hold my shampoo, etc. Is there anything else that would fit across the tub that would serve the same purpose? Any suggestions? I feel certain one of my ThriftyFun friends will come up with a solution, as usual.

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

The stand in the corner kind start at about 13.00 so I just googled "shower caddies" and found this sample shot.

Hope that helps. PBP

I had the same problem after replacing my shower head with one of those fantastic hose heads.

I solved my situation by spending a whopping $2 at Dollar General for a mesh shower caddy-it sort of looks like a shoe bag, and the metal frame has a shaped U hook to hang it from a hook, and a coat hanger style hanger as well.

I owned the house so I was free to screw a brass mug hook into the wall to hang my organiser on; my son hung the one I bought him from the shower curtain rod using the coat hanger style hanger.

Hope this helps, I love mine-when I moved to Scotland in 2010, I brought it with me!

My shower caddy hangs on a hook in the wall just above the tile on the wall opposite the showerhead. I put the nail in the stud as I tend to load my caddy up pretty good. It works great.

I use a 3 tier basket that hangs from the ceiling. It's the kind you would use in the kitchen for fruits/vegetables. Works great and very roomy.