Repairing an Amana Ice Maker

I have an Amana French door refrigerator. It is fairly new and the water line was just hooked up by a water tech. Water flows out of water spout from the door nice and cold, but there are no ice cubes being produced/made. Why?

By Bill from Indianapolis, IN

Could be that they are frozen in the chute where they slide out. Stick a long knife thru the opening and break up any frozen clumps.

November 21, 2010 Flag

The automatic ice-maker in my Amana refrigerator is not working. It seems to cycle, but no ice is made. The forecast here is for lower 90s through the weekend. I miss my ice!

By Deb from Columbia, SC

August 20, 2010 Flag

My Amana ice maker is freezing up cubes in the bin. How can I repair it?

By j basile

Answers:

Repairing an Amana Ice Maker

I just had the same thing happen to me. I thoroughly cleaned the condenser coils under the bottom of the refrigerator and made sure the freezer setting was on the mid-range setting (#4 on my freezer of 1 to 7 range). Don't forget to check the refrigerator setting as well. This solved the problem and within 24 hours, it was back to working like the day I bought it! (it's 9 yrs old) (07/16/2010)

By Angolamom

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesNovember 21, 2010
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎉
🎄