SofasFurniture

Can Skin Oil From Dog Paws Fade a Leather Couch?

I was told that the oil from my little dog's paws can cause the color of my leather couch to wear away. I was told that by a repair man from the company from which we bought the set. Is that true?

By Michelle from Vineland, NJ

Anonymous

I would have to say the sales guy is pretty smart. Don't fall for it . I have a huge American Bulldog and that is where he does his sulking which is most of the day. I have never seen anything wrong with my leather couch. You can go to a hardware store and get leather wipes and clean the pillows on the couch

I agree. Dog's paws are very dry unless you put an oil or lotion on them. I think if the leather would fade due to oils then natural oils on us like from our hair would cause damage as well. I say welcome your little one on the couch:)

Thank you, you guys. My dogs big and small are on the furniture. I have never heard of such garbage. I would like to know if anyone knows where I can get some info on this because we bought the "extra" insurance (good thing) we want our set replaced. Not gonna let this guy get over, thank you.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! Dogs paws aren't oily like skin, as a matter of fact they usually are very dry. Don't let that repair man get over on you, sounds like he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about!

That repairman is just playing 'CYA' in case you have problems with your furniture. He sounds dishonest.