AdviceFood Tips

Water Filter Reviews

I'm in the market for a water filter.

The options are overwhelming and the expenses can be huge. You can get whole house reverse osmosis filters, deionizers, UV filters, faucet tapwater filters, under sink, next to the sink, or pitcher filters. They vary on what is filtered out from just about every possible contaminant to just chlorine.

I was wondering what other people use for filters. What is the cost of the unit and replacement filters? Ease of use? How frequently do you need to replace the filters? Are you happy with it? Why?

Thanks in advance!
coolchinchilla

Hi,

We've been using a Nikken PiMag Aqua Pour for about a year and have been very happy with it. It cleans the water, takes out chlorine and contaminants and has another filter for taking brown water and turning it clear for really dirty water.

It holds about 2 gallons, you pour the water in the top and it has a tap at the bottom for the filtered water. It also adds calcium which makes the water more alkaline. I believe they have line filters also but don't know the price.

After several years of buying bottled water, the $200 or so dollar price tag has seemed to be a good value for us.

I bought it from a Nikken dealer in my networking group. Here is his site:

http://www.wclwellness.com/

If you click on the Products link, then shop, then Water/Air products you can see the picture and read more about it.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Since I bought my new frig. I have no use for a filter. The frig. filters the water. I use to buy ice & water & now I don't have t,o so it's saved me a lot of money.

My Dad and family/friend have been using Multi Pure for over 20 years. It uses a solid carbon filter which to replace is about 45-50 dollars. It will last 6-12 months. The purifiers start at about 300. They can either sit on the counter, or go under the sink.

If you want info, email me at desertserene @ gmail.com (remove spaces)

The water always tastes great!

I am a distributor for Multi-Pure. Right now I am offering a discount of $59.95 Or $79.95 (depending on the filter you are interested in). For more info you may e-mail me at admin @ purestdrinkingwater.com

Or visit

http://www.purestdrinkingwater.com

There are many glass containers that are viable to transport your filtered water. Voss is one, you can buy their bottled water and then just use the big bottle to refill.

As for the best water filtration, I bought an Aquasana because one of the concerns of reverse osmosis (RO) is that it makes the water acidic, which has negative effects on the body, one of which being your stomach. The Aquasana supposedly removes 50-60 percent of fluoride.

So basically the trade off is that there is some fluoride, but the minerals and alkalinity are in tact. Until I conclusively learn otherwise, this seems the best solution so far.

It's a travesty that fluoride is forced upon us in our water supply - Spread the word!