Changing Your Refrigerator Water Filter

Category Refrigerator
You can change the water filter in your refrigerator periodically. This maintenance task can ensure the best water quality for yourself and family. This is a guide about changing your refrigerator water filter.

If your refrigerator's filter is in the front grill, under the doors. When it's time to change it and you have trouble getting it out, place a tad bit of Vaseline (petroleum jelly) on the new filter's ears. It will be easier to remove and change out next time. (The summer's heat can cause the filter to lock in place.)

By Terri from NV

We leave our Florida house in the summer for 6 months. We remove the refrigerator water filter. Can we use that same filter when we get back? if so, how do I store the filter and what should I do with the filter before and after?

Answers

Why do you remove it? we leave ours in year around, even in our farm house. Are you turning off the electric as well and removing it so mold doesn't get in it?

As long as you clean it and unplug the unit, you should be fine.

I have "inherited" with the purchase of a house, a Kitchenaid refrigerator, model KSRS25QAWH01. It needs a water filter; there is none in place currently. On my other refrigerators the water filter is inside the unit, but this line is accessible only in the front of the unit behind the grille where the condenser coils are.

I do have literature for this model (guessing it is 15 years old) and it recommends a filter called a MICRON 5. When I google it, nothing comes up. Is there perhaps anyone out there who knows if I can put another filter on this model and if so which one? Thanks.

By calvinsammi from Kokomo, IN

Answers

Hello, why don't you call Kitchen Aid and ask them?

Try calling Sears parts dept 18004myhome and give the model number or if you have the book there must be a number to call about parts or any other place likr Home Depot or Lowes should be able to help also.