Making Pillowcases for Gifts

I am always trying to find inexpensive Christmas gifts I can make for everyone in my family. This year, I made pillowcases. I bought a yard of soft flannel for each case, with patterns on it that reflect what each member of the family likes.

For example, my husband loves old cars, one of my nephews likes pirates, the other likes monkeys, so I was able to find material in these patterns (some was on sale, and some were actual remnants at a bigger discount). I washed the flannel, measured a regular pillowcase, and added enough for seams and hems and stitched them up in a few hours.

You can make them bigger if they have queen or king sized pillows. They are soft, something the receiver will use often, and pretty inexpensive to make. You can make matching sets too.

By mombak1 from Seattle, WA

Homemade pillowcases with colorful designs.

Homemade pillowcases
Making a Pillowcase
Crafts SewingDecember 22, 2010
Adding a Crochet Skirt to Pillowcases
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
Uses for Pillowcases, Yellow Pillowcase Skirt
Uses for Pillowcases