Removing Embroidery Transfers From Fabric

Category Needlepoint
The first step in getting ready to add an embroidery pattern to clothing, pillowcases, napkins, etc. is to iron on the transfer. If there is an error in applying it, you might check this page for suggestions for removing embroidery transfers from fabric.

I have ironed on an ink transfer to a white pillowcase to hand embroider. I ironed it on upside down and want to wash it out and re-iron it on the correct way. I have washed it several times and it hasn't even lightened up even a little bit. I have never dried the item.

I'm making Christmas pillowcases for my granddaughters and I can't start this one over as I did the sewing on the other items and left the wrong one alone. Please help. I'm going to try some stain remover this time.
Thanks to anyone that has a suggestion for me.
wackypat1

By Wackypat1 from Escondido, CA

Answers

Best Answer

I tried this and the dishwasher detergent and bleach worked! I had ironed on an embroidery transfer and decided that I didn't want it.
The material was a white dishtowel. Thanks!

Best Answer

I used 1/2 cup Dawn dish detergent and the bleach. Soaked for about 15 minutes and there is no trace. I don't think I'd want to use the bleach if any embroidery had been done.

I had a pattern that had a 'shadow' so wanted to do it over. The project hadn't been started yet. Thanks for the tip!

How do you remove iron on transfers (the kind for embroidery) from fabric? They are not clear enough to see the design. They have been washed several times, but that did not remove the blue color.

Cinnamon from Williams Lake

Crafts Needlework NeedlepointMay 29, 2019
📓
🎂
🌻