Punch Needle Embroidery Tips and Tricks

Punch needle embroidery or thread painting is a craft that is somewhat like embroidery and somewhat like rug hooking. It is an excellent choice for creating intricate patterns. This is a guide about punch needle embroidery tips and tricks.

When making garments with punch embroidery, iron on interfacing to back of work when finished so that the embroidery does not pull out. This is a jacket that I made for my great grandson.

By Norma from Cedaredge, CO

Can you use the punch needle technique on a embroidery sewing machine?

Answers

It would really help if you could tell us what the make and model of your machine is. It seems that different machine can handle this technique, while others can't. In order to give you a correct answer I need a little more information.

I would like to learn the art of Russian needle punch embroidery. The thing is, the punch needles are far too expensive for my budget. The sets are very pricey, but the needles are even more expensive to get them separately. Does anybody who does that needle art have any advice on what punch needle to start out with and where to buy it for the best price? Also, what beginner's book would you suggest? Thank you.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Answers

In reply to Monica, I bought my punch needle kit from this site
http://www.laur  les/needles.html
and even with international postage I thought it was a great price. Regards Loretta

Where can I get a book on landscape needle painting instructions to do a 3d painting?

By Magda