Keeping Hair from Sticking to Dress

I have a 100% black cotton dress. It will come out of the washer/dryer perfectly, but as I am wearing it all day, every piece of lint, pet hair, and other peoples hair clings to it. Is there some type of product out that will guard the fabric all day?

Ovehla from Denver, CO

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Try Static Guard, and take a clothes brush with you.

you can keep a lint brush in your purse or desk drawer and there's also the ol' back up...TAPE. Wrap the tape around your fingers with sticky side out, and run it across your shoulders or where ever you see lint, hair, etc. It will come right off and then you just toss the tape in the trash.

I had thought about static guard. I use it for what it's for. Keeping static off of certain clothes. I've never known it to keep clothes from collecting lint, hair, etc. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

I don't have a solution, but a former friend, in this instance, would have said that your dress 'picked up everything except men and money.' Just about says it all!

Susan in Omaha

You could also use dryer sheets when drying it. Same idea.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceNovember 4, 2008
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
A chunk of stuck together ice cubes.
Keeping Ice Cubes from Sticking
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:19:26 PM on 10.0.1.21 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.