Oven Cleaner For Cleaning Tile Floors

A little over a year ago, my husband and I bought our first house. The porcelain tile floor in the kitchen area had years of wax buildup with dirt and grime caked on top. We are very frugal and didn't want to spend the money for a professional to come out, so we got down on hands and knees with a non-abrasive scotch-brite pad and scrubbed with every imaginable cleaner we could find; it didn't budge.

Well this past weekend, I was cleaning my stove with EZ Off Oven Cleaner. I took the door off and laid it on the floor and sprayed it too. I noticed I got some of the EZ Off on the floor but I didn't care, what could it hurt. After I got the stove all clean, I wiped up the EZ Off over-spray on the floor and WOW, the tile looked brand new!

Hallelujah, what a great find this was. I sprayed little sections at a time with the EZ Off and let it sit 15 minutes, then wiped it up with a wet rag and now our floor looks like new. Be sure and spot test before using it on your floor. Sorry I didn't think about taking photos, I was too excited to get it all done.

By Donna from Watauga, TX

My mother had a counter top that was from the seventies. It was faux leather and the groves were black from grime that would not wash out. I cleaned the whole thing with EZ off and it looked like new.

I have to say thank you for submitting this idea. I have tiles in my kitchen and I can sweep and mop and it still looks dirty and feels gritty too. I'm going to try this! Thank you thank you! Maybe now I can get the floor looking clean!

Oven cleaner is just about the only thing I haven't tried on my mildew-stained grout. Has anyone had any luck with that?

I did the same thing. I was cleaning my cast iron fry pans. Just to let you know, the home depot brand works also. Sorry no pic either. I was so excited also.

Cleaning Tile Floors, Textured blue floor tile.
Cleaning Tile Floors
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenAugust 16, 2010
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
🎄