Scratches on Leather Furniture

Does anyone have any idea how to repair dog scratches on leather furniture?

By Diane from Morrison, IL

My dog ruined my weekend when I came home Friday to find that she scratched the heck out of the bottom of the couch trying to get her tennis ball. After reading all the remedies here I decided to try Kiely's first since this person is a pro and I did not like the idea of using food products. So I used hot water and a clean dish rag and began wiping back and forth. I have soft Italian leather, and this process seemed to loosen oils and spread into the mass of scratches after about 60 seconds of wiping back and forth. This completely worked. I only wish I did this a couple days ago.

I often question the number of products on the market that claim that they designed specifically to clean this or that, when really they are just doing the same thing that water would do or another simple household product. For example I spend lots of money on different products to clean the grout in my tile shower. Nothing worked. Then we had a cleaning lady (a pro) come by and she just grabbed a $1 bottle of bleach and it practically cleaned itself.

Thanks Kiely for adding some practical advice to the conversation.

Close up of nubuck leather with scratch marks
Repairing Scratches on Leather Furniture
Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasNovember 23, 2010
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Cat laying on leather couch with claws extended toward camera
Repairing Cat Scratches on Leather Furniture
Man's hands cleaning a leather couch.
Leather Furniture Cleaner Recipes