Painting a Bird Bath

I want to paint a bird bath. What kind of paint should I use? Are paints non-toxic?

By Kaywede from Williamsburg, VA

Good morning..

I suggest that you use "Patio Paints" made by DecoArt- they are strictly for indoor/outdoor projects and I do have a few instructions leaflets for birdbaths from Terra Cotta Pots and it suggests to use these type paints. Good luck..oh, you can find them at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I have not seen them at any Walmart.

Paints are far from non-toxic until they are set. Once the paint is dry the toxicity is locked up. Three-part paints are the worst, the kind that once mixed will set whether you were ready or not. If you want to be very sure the paint is harmless, bake the painted birdhouses in a very gently warm oven for a half-hour.

Blue painted bird bath in grass
Painting a Bird Bath
Crafts AdviceApril 27, 2009
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Organizing Bath Toys
Organizing Bath Toys
Finished birdbath.
Flower Pot Bird Bath
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
🎉
🎄