Vintage Flower Themed Room

I want to redecorate my room. I'm really into vintage and old flower patterns, stuff like that. Any ideas would help!

Thanks,
Delaney from TX

Why not find pretty patterned papers and decoupage on things in your room such as lamp base or lamp shade, or place a patterend peice of paper or cloth under a glass top on a table. There are lots of pretty fabrics to be found on the I-Net. You might even make pillows and matching curtains with flowered fabrics. Good luck, hope this helped.

Delaney,

This may not be vintage, but I used branches from the woods in three rooms. I striped the leaves off and hung them from the ceiling with cup hooks and fishing line. Then I added twinkle lights and hung silk florals that hang down. It was adorable in that house. Also I placed timers onto the cords. I placed plastic piping to send the cords through and down the wall to the connection. I painted the piping the color of the wall to camouflage it. I added in one place where the timer wasn't a push button on-off cord . So at a touch of a button the lights were on. It was lots of fun and gave a great look from the outside at night.

If you have thrift stores (especially small, non-chain ones) around you, check those out. Great finds for furniture and fabric. You could make up to 2 pillowcases from a pretty $4 dress/nightie with a pattern you like.

I don't know your sewing ability, but simple curtains are fairly easy to make. The previous poster's idea was good about lamp shades. When the light shines through, it casts a wonderful glow.

There are lovely vintage flower prints you could look for - of get reproductions - and then theme the rest of the room to them - Use white wicker and make it look like a garden room??

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating ThemesSeptember 4, 2007
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
Vintage Craft Tools
Finding Vintage Craft Tools and Supplies
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
🎄