Reviews of Emery Cat Boards

Has anyone used the "Emery Cat" scratching pad that files a cat's nails when they use it? Does it work? I've seen it advertised on TV. Here's their web site.

By Cyinda

Here's another view of Emery-Cat:

My daughter and I both have and neither one of our cats would touch the scratcher part ut both loved the feather! In my opinion it was a big waste of money. I threw mine away after 2 weeks of not being touched-the feather was in shredds by that point and the cat did not go near it. My daughter covered a box with left over carpet using heavy duty glue-she has reported that her cat loves her box and is scratching up a storm.

I have tried those also and none of my cats ever liked them. However, I did find something they do like. The cat I have now loves it.

Take a board and mount it securely to a base. Then wrap it VERY TIGHTLY winding it all the way up to the top with Sisal Rope. I don't know what it is, but all cats love that. Mine rarely scratched on the furniture and when he did, all I had to do was yell his name and he'd go running to his rope tower.

I'm enclosing a picture of a "tower" I built. The four corners are covered with sisal rope. The rest is covered in indoor/outdoor carpet squares.

I purchased 4 of them; 2 for my 4 cats, 1 for my mother-in-law's 2 cats and 1 for my mom's cat. The 2 cats fight over it. 1 has claimed it and will just lay across it. My mom's cat does use it. My 1 cat that is isolated uses it it a lot! The others sparingly, but they all LOVE the feather. I did not see any real difference regarding the nails. (This is after 1.5 months.) If I could make the scratching thing vertical, I know the others would love it. They tend to hang themselves and scratch on the vertical scratching post. Because I bought 4, the price (including the crazy shipping) was reasonable.

I am wondering if anyone has tried Emery Cat boards. It is for your cat to scratch and it files their nails. It has been advertised on TV. My cat won't let us cut his nails and I would like to know if this is any good.

By Nancy from Peabody, MA

Answers:

Reviews of Emery Cat Boards

I bought one a few weeks ago and I have 3 cats in the house and they will not use it at all. It is very rough to touch. I have put catnip and stuff on it and they still will not mess with it. (01/30/2010)

By 10catgirl