Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

I was sitting there watching one of my favorite TV shows when a cookie craving hit me. As I watched one of the main characters take her chocolate chip cookies off the baking sheet, I drooled at the prospect of some freshly baked cookies.

I wanted something that was easy, quick, and didn't require me to go out and buy ingredients. So I searched the Internet, figuring peanut butter cookies would do the trick. I was surprised to find a peanut butter cookie recipe that didn't require flour. In fact, it didn't require many ingredients at all.

My curiosity peaked, I tried it out:

Flourless, 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

• 1 cup sugar (or 3/4 cup, if you prefer)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)

Directions:

Combine sugar and egg in mixing bowl, stirring until smooth. Add peanut butter and mix thoroughly. Roll into walnut-sized balls.

Place the balls on ungreased cookie sheet(s) at least 2" apart. Flatten with the tines of a fork, then turn the 90 degrees and use fork again t create cross hatches.

Bake 10 minutes at 375 degrees F (or until done). Let cool in pan for 1 minute before removing to cooling rack. Leaving them on the sheet for too long will make them hard.

Yes, the cookies are soft after they come from the oven. I don't know how long they stay soft out in the open though, as I had a couple of cousins come over while they were baking and we all pretty much destroyed the cookies.

Still, if you plan on keeping them (or any other type of cookies for that matter) for a while, then put a slice of bread on the bottom of an air tight container and place the cookies on top. If you have any cookies left when the bread gets hard, replace the piece of bread.

I hope you try this peanut butter cookie recipe and love it. I know I'll be pulling this one out whenever a cookie craving hits me again.

By Kori P.

Get Your Just Desserts twice monthly at: http://www.koripuckett.com/just-desserts. Tried and true dessert recipes from an average Jane who just loves experimenting with baking.

The World's Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies

• 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg

Directions:

That's it! Mix them together and spoon on a baking sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes in a 375 degree F oven!

You can also low carb this recipe by using LC peanut butter and Splenda. Increase the egg to 1 whole egg and an egg white.

We love these!

By Andrea in NC

Easy 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

Darn! I want to make cookies and have no flour. Has this ever happened to you? Well here is the perfect solution...

• 1 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg

Directions:

Mix together all 3 ingredients. Divide into 24 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Flatten with a fork onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 F for 15 minutes. DO NOT overbake.

Makes 24

By Harlean from Arkansas

I made these cookies with the splenda baking sugar, after baking them in the oven I let them cool as your recipe stated, they turned out to be crumbly, is that normal?

The instructions on Splenda say to not use it if sugar provides "bulk" or structure, in the recipe -- sugar-based cookies like these would be a good example of what not to do with Splenda.

flourless peanut butter cookies
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cookies Peanut ButterAugust 13, 2004
peanut butter bars with chocolate and bacon
Peanut Butter Bars Recipes
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Recipes
Peanut Butter
Peanut Whirl Cookies
🎉
🎄