Making Ritz Peanut Butter Cookies
Ritz peanut butter cookies are simple and tasty treat that your family will love any time of year. This guide is about making Ritz peanut butter cookies
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
December 10, 20083 found this helpful
These quick, yet delicious sandwich cookies use only a few ingredients and do not require any baking!
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 jar creamy peanut butter
- 1 box Ritz crackers
- olive oil
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Add a few drops of olive oil, then melt chocolate until smooth.
- Take two Ritz crackers and lightly cover them with a peanut butter of your choice on one side. Put the two peanut butter sides together.
- Once they are stuck together, dip and cover entire cookie with chocolate.
- After the Ritz peanut butter crackers are covered in chocolate, sprinkle cookies with Christmas colored sprinkles.
- Place cookies on wax paper and let the chocolate harden.
I know this is a long recipe name. I couldn't figure out what else to call it. These are super simple to make. I always have the ingredients for when the "sweet tooth" gets a hankering. They are delicious!
Total Time: 15 minutes, plus time to set up
Yield: as many as you want
- peanut butter, any type you like it fine. I used Trader Joe's natural peanut butter.
- buttery crackers
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- Put about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter on your cracker.
- Put another cracker on top. Make as many as you would like. The peanut butter I used was a natural type, so it's a little looser. I froze my "sandwiches" for about an hour to firm up before dipping in chocolate. But, if your peanut butter is firmer, you could skip this step.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening. Start by heating in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. If needed, heat another 30 seconds, til melted.
- Dip peanut butter sandwiches in chocolate. Place on wax paper. Let chocolate harden up. Enjoy!
In These Guides