Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cracker Sandwiches

I know this is a long recipe name. I couldn't figure out what else to call it. These are super simple to make. I always have the ingredients for when the "sweet tooth" gets a hankering. They are delicious!

Total Time: 15 minutes, plus time to set up

Yield: as many as you want

1. Put about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter on your cracker.
  2. Put another cracker on top. Make as many as you would like. The peanut butter I used was a natural type, so it's a little looser. I froze my "sandwiches" for about an hour to firm up before dipping in chocolate. But, if your peanut butter is firmer, you could skip this step.
  3. Melt chocolate chips and shortening. Start by heating in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. If needed, heat another 30 seconds, til melted.
  4. Dip peanut butter sandwiches in chocolate. Place on wax paper. Let chocolate harden up. Enjoy!

These look so delicious, I wish I had 12 of them in front of me right now!

My version uses Graham Crackers, and just a very light smear of peanut butter on the "A" side, and a smear of some tart wild raspberry jam on the "B" side, then stick them together. For the chocolate I always use 7/8 Bakers Semi-Sweet and 1/8 Bakers Unsweetened. That makes a "Not for kids!" adult cookie for slow nibbling and savoring.