Hair Dye Making Hair Course

Why does hair dye make your hair coarse?

By azeeza from Cape Town, South Africa

Hair dye doesn't make hair coarse but it can dry it out. Be sure to condition each time you shampoo and use a deep conditioning treatment once a week if need be.

Is a hairstylist coloring it? If not that's the reason. My clients love the silkiness body and shine they get when done.the only thing that could make it feel course is bleach overlapping. When using bleach I apply a clear coat color gloss on top to make it shine as well. You possibly could have a buildup or iron residue on it which baking soda will remove. Aargon Moroccan oil is an awesome frizz and coarseness smoother. Find at salon retail area.

When I was in beauty school we colored or bleached or highlighted weekly. What we did (I'm serious:) ) was put conditioner in our hair and wrap a plastic bag around it. Like a Walmart bag, tied over the forehead and slept in it. Like lotion and gloves for dry hands it helps hold the moisture in so more can be absorbed. Btw Tresseme is the best you can buy if you can't afford salon hair products. :)

My hair has never been dry after coloring. The hair coloring (dye) kits that I buy come with a tube of conditioner which you put on for 2-3 minutes after all of the dye has been washed out and then use once a week thereafter.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringMarch 2, 2011
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye