Hiding Computer Cords

What is an inexpensive way to cover and hide all the computer cords?

Chloe

Cut the ends off an old phone handset curly cord. Wrap the cord around all the cords. Neat and easy.

You could use cardboard tubes that wrapping paper comes on, save enough of the last bit of the wrapping paper and tape it on so it stays on. There then cut a slit down one side of the tube and just cover over the cords, tubes are easily bendable for flex points.

Great ideas! Thanks so much!

Chloe

This is gonna be weird, but, every summer, places like Dollar General and Dollar Tree sell these thin plastic hollow tubes that whistle when they're whipped around in a fast circle. The tubes are ridged, with slightly larger openings on each end, and usually sell for a buck. Split one down the side, and you have colorful, flexible conduit for your computer cables.

Wish I had a photo of one! But asking around will probably turn some up soon.

I'm a thrifty computer geek and I have used paper towel rolls or empty wrapping paper tubes spray painted black or whatever is the color of my desk or wall then I either feed the cords through the tube or cut the length of the the tube so you can easily retrieve the cords or add more cords or easily add the cords with the big black ends to them.

Mine are in snarls running everywhere, so I just laid pillowcases on them and I wash them now and then. It's all between the desk and the wall anyway.

We have tried to come up with a way to hide our wires also. Reading these post got me to thinking again and a bulb went off. Why not build a "chase" for the wires. The "chase" is a three sided box. Get a thin piece of plywood 1/8 inch should work. Reinforce the corners with a wood scrap piece. Put the wires inside the chase and cut notches out where you want wires to come through. Just lift it up enough for the plug to come through and set it back down. The notch only has to be as big as the cord. Paint it and set it on your desktop. We will start working on one tomorrow.

What I do is make sure I have enough length to go from one place to the next and the rest I just put either tape around it or tie wraps and like the person said before just put it in a paper towel. Mine are behind my stand that is in my kitchen that I used for my computer stuff and recipe stuff too.

Computers TipsFebruary 19, 2009
An electrical cord plugged into an outlet.
Finding Replacement Cords for Electronics
TV with hidden cords.
Hiding Electric Cords
girl looking at a pimple
Hiding a Pimple
Money hidden in a china sugar pot.
Hiding Valuables
🎄