Hiding Electric Cords

Exposed electrical cords such as those for wall lamps or the clutter of multiple cords under your desk can look unattractive and disorganized. This is a guide about hiding electric cords.

I watch TV from my chair and seethe at the constant blinking WiFi box. I hate all those wires too. Recently I restored a fabric covered storage cube. It is the fourth of a set, three of which are now under my kitchen sink. It has been sitting in front of me waiting for me to find tape to secure the bottom.

Suddenly last night, everything came together. I popped the box, without a bottom over the WiFi and tucked all the nasty wires inside. Now I have a decorative cube near my TV, which by fortunate coincidence is colour coordinated with the tables in the rest of the room.

Wow, do I feel good about this. I am going to do something similar with all the other obnoxious wires we have to live with, under my desk for all the computer spaghetti.

By joanfry from France

If you love electric wall sconces but hate the cord hanging down, paint the cord the same color of your wall to disguise it. Or, you could also cover the cord with a "cozy" like they do with chandelier cords and it will at least be more stylish.