Replacement Control for a Biddeford Electric Blanket

Replacement cords for some electric blankets can be gotten from the manufacturer, that failing you can try searching thrift stores. This is a guide about getting a replacement control for a Biddeford electric blanket.

I have a Biddeford electric, queen size blanket. I need a control for it.

By crsnell

Answers

Best Answer

I'd look in a thrift store for a blanket. Buy it and have the remote to use on your blanket. Or you could ask for one via freecycle.com. Good luck

Best Answer

Their website is: www.biddefordblankets.com
Not sure how old your blanket is, but looking around on the site, they have a five-year warranty on them. You can contact customer service through the website; maybe that will get you a replacement or the part.

Best Answer

The Biddeford blanket controller is an underdesigned light dimmer switch with frills, and the blanket appears as a 180 watt light bulb. After buying my 3rd controller, I cut the two cords off the last one.

I bought an electric box, cover and turn-click dimmer switch from a nearby hardware store. Used the electric cord to go to an outlet and the blanket cord to go to the 'light bulb' (blanket). Wire the two outside wires to the dimmer switch output. Reliable forever.

Where can I get a controller for a king size Biddeford electric blanket?

By Jan from Wautoma, Wi

Answers

Best Answer

I have always found replacement controls at large Salvation Army and DAV stores. I take the controller with me or make a detailed drawing to match it up with. Good Luck!