Tequila (Quaker Parrot)

Tequila is my age (18 years) and is a Quaker Parrot. I bought Tequila when we were both fifteen, and we've been practically inseparable since. She loves to call for me, say "what cha doin?" or "Come HERE!" really loud. She also likes to laugh and sneeze just like me. Birds are more intelligent than most people think.

By Tara from Castlegar, BC

TOO CUTE!!! What a smart bird, looks like you spent allot of time with her and she's knows it.YES, all animals are very smart!! I believe god gave them a brain just like us and a spirit.You are lucky to have each other!!!!

PRECIOUS PARROT!!!!! Can we imagaine anyone hunting them for food? They are hunted/trapped in many nations. Once I held two young

Cockatiels who cuddled in my arms, under my neck like feathered human babies. They are some of the most tender, gentle intelligent created creatures on EARTH!

Lucky YOU to have one of them to love and to love you. No WONDER reputable pet stores and parrot distributors are so particular as to whom they sell their birds to!! God bless you for your caring.

Both of you are beautiful! Tequila makes me want to get a parrot, too, although my two doxies would probably make a snack out of one. Nice to see you two enjoying each others' company, though.

Adorable parrot. Cool name, Tequila. I had a neighbor who had a large chatty parrot and it would

wolf whistle when I sat in bathing suit outside. I would get so mad thinking some guy was whistling til

I found out it was a Parrot!!!

You make a cute pair.

I had a quaker named Crackers. I got her when she was young and she was one of the funniest birds I have ever known.

She loved to torture strangers when they tried to touch her. She give them a nip, then say " eh eh eh, bad girls bite, that's right, don't bite" .

I have never in my life known a bird to speak in sentences, but Cracker Lou did.

She was an honery little cuss, she liked to call "here kitty kitty kitty" and then bite the cat when it came.

She was a great little friend, and I hope she is flying happily in the heavens.

Enjoy Tequile, and may you have many, many years of happiness together.

red, blue, and green macaw
Parrot Photos and Information
Pets Pet PagesAugust 25, 2006
Parrot With Toy in it's Mouth
Parrot Toy Ideas
Homemade Parrot Food Recipes
Homemade Parrot Food Recipes
A parrot perched on a wooden dowel
Parrot Perch Ideas
Photo of a parrot.
Caring for a Parrot
🎄