African Gray Parrot Photos

Category Other
These smart, medium sized birds make wonderful lifetime companions. This is a guide about African gray parrot photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Rocco is 19 year old African Gray Parrot. I had to order here before she was an egg from a African Gray Breeder in MN. Rocco tries to climb in cupboards, dances, sings, whistles, and she talks up a storm. Rocco is getting more cuddly as she gets older.

By Lori M.

African gray parrot.

Comment Like this photo? 17

Milo is a 5 year old Timneh African Grey Parrot. I got him 4 years ago, my sister gave him to me. When I handle him I make sure to have an old shirt on because he likes to make his happy holes in them! That is his favorite thing to do!

He likes to sit on my shoulder to hang out with me and he also likes to sit on his playstand and watch out the window. He also likes to give tons of kisses! Yes, one more thing, when I vacuum around his cage he takes his water and throws it at me to try to get me to stop vacuuming!

By Coleen

closeup of Grey Parrot holding a stick

Comment Like this photo? 14

This is Bailey; aka Lt. Dangles, Bailey-Boo. He is Approximately 2 1/2 years old. Bailey is a Congo African Grey Parrot. He was a rescue that I adopted from an individual about a year ago. I was told when I adopted him that he had a condition known as splay-leg, that baby parrots sometimes develop when they can't get very good traction on the surface that they are standing on.

Upon examination and x-rays by a vet, it was determined that Bailey had had one leg completely broken on one side, and never fixed. The foot on the other side was completely broken as well, and never fixed. As a result, Bailey is a special-needs bird, and requires slightly different care procedures. He has minimal perches, and more platforms in his cage, for more secure footing; also, he cannot be taken out of his cage, unless he is totally held by one of us; the risk of further injury is very real for him. He cannot use the leg that is sticking out to the side, all he can do is open and close the toes, for the ability to hold on. It cannot be fixed, due to the risk of nerve damage, and the possible loss of function altogether.

Bailey is a complete joy to our home; he is extremely bright, and sociable. He definitely considers his humans as his flock, as he is constantly talking to us. He is always helpful in answering the telephone for us, letting us know when the microwave is finished, whistling "Dixie," singing, and letting us know when aliens are hovering around, by imitating their spaceship. His singing is not the best in the world, but the Bible says to make a joyful noise, and Bailey definitely believes in living by the Word of God, LOL.

When he is especially happy, he likes to dangle from the top bars of his cage, and although he does not feel comfortable getting outside of his cage, due to his injuries, he loves it when we go over and talk to him and pet him through the bars. He makes a soft little "whooooo" when we pet him. He gets nervous when the cage door is open, because he doesn't know what to expect, so we basically have to inter-react with him in his own environment.

He is on mostly a pelleted diet, with the occasional Nutri-berry, and fresh fruits and vegetables. Not too many sugary sweets, due to birds tendencies to develop yeast infections.

We are so thankful to have our Bailey-Boo in our lives.

By One.of.a.kind from Locust Fork, AL

Bailey standing on one foot on dish

Comment Like this photo? 6

Zaz is a 9 year old Congo African Grey Parrot. We got Zaz last April. I found him listed on Craig's List. He came from another family who loved him enough to give him up. Their family grew and with the the parents working a lot, they realized they didn't have the time needed to give him the attention and love that he needed.

We got him a huge cage with toys and a play top. There is also a play area in front of his cage in which he spends a lot of time on playing. He talks a lot. He counts to 9 then says "I'm 9 years old"! Upon waking in the AM he says, "Good Morning, how are you? Are you good? I'm fiiiiine". :) He also repeats long phone conversations, whistles the Andy Griffith song, and many other things too numerous to mention.

Zaz also loves to open his own presents on his Hatchday (AKA birthday). It is December 28 so that, along with Christmas, will be so much fun.

By Ariela from MI

Comment Like this photo? 8

Smokey is a 17 year old Congo African Grey. I got Smokey when he was 4 months old. I had to feed him with a syringe twice a day, as he was learning how to eat on his own.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

I would share with you my two little babies. These are African Grays - they are 4 months old. I am still hand feeding them. The biggest one is a male and the smaller one is a female. He is always standing over her just like he is protecting her. It is so cute.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Tyson is a 10 month old African Grey Parrot. He was a birthday present from my daughter. He likes to imitate all kinds of noises: doorbell, telephone, and monkey sounds. He also loves to swing by a toy in his cage. . .

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes