Transferring Sunflower Seedlings Outdoors

My daughter and I have started sunflower seeds indoors. They are now about 5 in. or so and I was going to plant them outdoors. I have a few questions though. It is supposed to be raining on and off till next Thursday and I am not sure if the seedlings can handle that much rain.

Will they all drown if I plant them now or should I wait? And where would be the best place to plant them? Direct sun or where they can receive sun and shade? I really don't want to kill them since my daughter and I started them together!

Hardiness Zone: 7b

April from Demorest, Ga

Answers

It is good to transplant bedding plants on a rainy day. It helps them adapt to the change. They certainly won't drown unless you plant them in a swamp. Sunflowers like a lot of sun, so plant them in a location in your garden where they will get as much sun as possible.

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersJuly 15, 2008
sunflower oil and seeds
Uses for Sunflower Oil
Starting Seedlings
Starting Seedlings
Bouquet of sunflowers.
Making a Sunflower Wedding Bouquet
Sunflowers
Harvesting Sunflower Seeds
🎄
🍂