Truck Heater Problems

How do I fix a 2007 Ford Ranger heater? It has been to the shop and they said there was no problem with the heater core, but only a leak. It still does not work.

By Brenda

The key is you said it does work once in a while and you arent looking for a short or a switch problem and maybe you should. In the dash because it will work sometime and it wouldn't if the thermostat was closed. Think simple I would buy manual for the year of your truck and start reading. Being a female it was the way I had to learn how to fix my own vehicle. I think you'll find a simple small fix. Shucks guys I have fixed a radiator with a potato before.

Turn your cold to hot mixture knob back and forth and listen for it to open and/or close. Mine puts out either cold or luke warm air. I was pulling a uhaul trailer and the temp never went above low on the guage. When I stopped because I thought I was low on coolant I was able to actually remove the cap and see it was full also put my finger in coolant and it's luke warm. I've changed out the door on a ford RV that one wouldn't move so you wouldn't hear it close. I flushed my system and I will be replacing the thermostat.