AdviceBudget & Finance

Does Your Age Affect Your SS Disability Benefits?

I've been on SS disability for some time. Does turning retirement age increase your income? If so do you have to apply for it or is it done automatically?

By keeper60 from NC

Call the Social Security Administration!

Social Security would be the place to go for an accurate answer. You can call them by looking up social security in the phone book. Look under U for United States Government and sub title Social Security Adm. You can also visit the nearest SS office in yor area or visit ss on line at socialsecurity.gov.

No age does not affect your SS disability. I was on SSI disability before going on to the the retirement SS. You can apply for the retirement or stay on you disability.

I went from SSDisability to regular SS when I became the proper age with no changes. Income was the same, It was automatic, I did not have to apply for anything.