Stains on Hosiery from Shoes

How can I prevent shoe dye transfer to pantyhose? I have buff pantyhose which I wore with black shoes and now there are black marks in the foot area of the pantyhose that cannot be removed. Can this pair be salvaged? If not, is there something that can be done to prevent this from happening to the next pair?

Cynthia from New York

Answers

If these are good shoes from a reputable store. Take them back to the store. The shoes have been improperly dyed and will probably do this to all your hose.

March 4, 2008 Flag

Does anyone have a solution for getting the dye stains that the insides of shoes can leave on nylon hosiery? I've tried so many things--even Clorox, which, of course, was a disaster! I'm tired of wasting money on hose that haven't "run" yet because of icky stains on the feet.
Thanks!

mommy2ian913

Answers:

Stains on Hosiery from Shoes

My hose run so fast that it usually isn't a big problem, but the shoes will do this to you over and over again. I have returned shoes after the first wearing since I consider this to be a product defect. I have never had a problem returning such shoes. (08/13/2004)

By Linda

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMarch 4, 2008
Uses for Nylons
Uses for Nylons
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
🎉
🎄