What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

What happened to Cornsilk translucent powder? I can't find it in the stores anymore.

By Pat from Irvine, CA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

According to the Sally Hansen website, it has been discontinued:

http://www.sallyhansen.com/disconti ... cts.cfm?division=6&product_id=30

Every once in a while I find it at Walgreens. I live in Houston, TX if this helps. They didn't have it available online though.

I also found it on amazon.com.

I can't find it either, but I found an all natural, super cheap recipe that feels and looks the same. Start with a couple of tablespoons of corn starch. Mix in small amounts of baking cocoa (unsweetened) until it resembles your complexion. Store in an airtight container and dust on with a face brush when you use it. It's really easy! Hope that helps.

Corn Silk has been discontinued. However, I found a number of alternatives:

1. New York Color (NYC) translucent powder 701A ($3.00),

2. Too Faced - Absolutely Invisible Translucent Pressed Powder ($27.00 ),

3. Rimmel London - Stay Matte Pressed Powder Transparent 001 ($5.00),

4. Dermablend - Setting Powder Colorless Item #: 1271017 ($24.00),

5. Coty - Airspun Translucent Powder ($6.00),

6. Laura Geller  Translucent Powder ($24.00),

7. Revlon - ColorStay Pressed Powder, Translucent, ($9.00)

8. Physicians Formula

I use pure corn starch baby powder. Kuddles brand makes it as I'm sure do others too. I put a little on a tissue and then dip my make up brush into it and sweep it across my face. People always comment on what a smooth complexion I have. It works great on oily hair too for those times when you don't shampoo your hair or at the end of the day when, if you're like me, your hair looks greasy.

Answer

Does anyone know what happened to Corn Silk brand makeup? I can't find it in stores any longer, I miss it!

Alica

Answers:

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

I use this site http://www.beautyencounter.com/makeup-shop-by-feature-hard-to-find.html. (01/10/2010)

By drkohn

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Does anyone know what happened to

Corn Silk brand makeup? I can't find it in stores any longer, I miss it.

Alica

Answers:

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

Our local Wal-Mart still carries the Corn Silk Powder. (04/27/2005)

By gannon

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

I used the loose corn silk powder by Sally Hansen and couldn't find in any longer, I emailed

the company about a month ago and yes they have discontinued all the Corn Silk powders. Good

luck finding something you like. I'm using Loreal now and I really like it. Better than the

other. (04/27/2005)

By KathyMS

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

Corn Silk was bought by Sally Hansen. (04/27/2005)

By Mary

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

Try vermontcountrystore.com they carry all kinds of things that have been discontinued elsewhere. If you don't see it,

they also take requests for something if you can't find it. They will look. (04/28/2005)

By Sandy

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

Hi everyone. I just called Sally Hanson and was told they just changed the name to Sally

Hanson "Healing Beauty" Powder. They said it's the same ingredients and you can find it at

Walgreen's and Walmart. I'm heading there right now. (05/31/2006)

By Melissa

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

Yes you can order it from any Lloyds chemist. It only takes 2 days to arrive. (11/24/2006)

By Kerry

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

www.garden.co.uk

I just ordered from this site. (03/05/2007)

By Anne P.

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

They have a limited selection at Ulta Cosmetics, not sure if they one of them in your area.

But if you like Cornsilk's line of makeup, you might like Physicians Formula. It's a tad bit

more expencive, but it's one of the only makeups that don't irritate my skin. I even get

breakouts from Almay and that is dermatoligist tested/recomended. (03/07/2007)

By Erica

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

Hi, Krystal Direct in the UK sells "Original" Corn Silk make up. I'm sure they post abroad as

well. EBay also worth a look, I have seen original Corn Silk there also. This is the make up

made with Walnuts.
Hope this helps some of you.
(05/24/2007)

By Jules

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

auravita.com has the original corn silk powder. (08/25/2007)

By Tiina

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

drogisterij.net Here you can buy Corn Silk powder, compact powder, and foundation. (05/16/2008)

By Shazia

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

You can find some Corn Silk products at <a

href="http://www.discountcosmeticoutlet.com">discountcosmeticoutlet.com (07/06/2008)

By misbehavin02

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

I just bought Corn Silk Natural Matte Pressed Powder at a local CVS. They also had the

colored one, but I figured with no color I can't go wrong with matching my shade. They didn't

have the foundation or concealer, or anything else. Otherwise I would have bought it all. So

far I'm impressed. (10/29/2008)

By Belle

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

I've just bought the original silk powder from Superdrug, the one on Cranbrook Road, Ilford,

East London. (11/27/2008)

By Jess

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

I have, likewise, been looking everywhere for the powder. I finally found a link that may

be helpful to some of you. I am thrilled that I can access this and finally get some of this

wonderful product again.

Best of luck to all in your searches.
<a href="http://www.discountcosmeticsuk.com/c18/Cosmetics/Foundation-and-

Powder/">discountcosmeticsuk.com (01/07/2009)

By Adrena

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

CVS does carries it and so does Rite Aid.

Good luck. (01/26/2009)

By AB

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

I just found it at Amazon Marketplace and IN STOCK. (02/12/2009)

By Stacy

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

I also loved Corn Silk and couldn't find it for the longest time. Recently our local Rite Aid

had it. I bought the loose powder, translucent matte. Seems to be much the same as before

for me. I have also recently used New York Color (NYC) loose translucent powder and blush.

I like them also and they seem to be the closest to the Corn Silk that I have found. NYC is

carried by our local Rite Aid and Walmart and the price is outstanding. (02/21/2009)

By Patti from Yreka, CA

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

I see I'm not alone in my struggle to obtain Corn Silk No Color loose powder. I have been

unable to buy Corn Silk in Canada for years. First it disappeared from stores so I had to find

a store that would special order it from Del Labs in Canada, that worked for a couple years,

then Del Labs Canada discontinued production and I couldn't get it at all.

I tried practically every loose powder I could find and none of them came close. Noticed

it was still available on a number of US online cosmetics stores, but none would ship into

Canada. I finally called Del Labs USA a couple years ago and they said now that their

Canadian division had discontinued production, they could sell direct to Canadian customers

so I've been buying a year's supply at a time of No Color loose powder direct from the

factory ever since.

Until now, down to my 3rd last pkg of powder, I called my contact at Del Labs/Sally

Hansen/Coty in NY this afternoon and she said that Corn Silk was completely discontinued 6

months ago. She said Corn Silk was actually discontinued before that, but they continued to

sell the No Color until supply ran out. Guess I'm going to have to ration what I have left

while I try to find something else that might come close, although I know I'm going to be

disappointed.

My contact is keeping a list of names/phone #'s of people who want Corn Silk if they bring

it back, she said they're still getting lots of requests for it, so there's a chance Coty

might bring back Corn Silk if the demand continues. I emailed Sally Hansen/Coty to register my

own desperate plea to bring back Corn Silk. I figure it can't hurt. (05/09/2009)

By Highstrung

What happened to Corn Silk makeup?

I always order it from stardustPerfume.com They

have free shipping and sell it in lots, so you get a cheaper price. They shipped it so quick

too. Hope that helps. (08/22/2009)

By DEEDEE3371

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice Product FinderDecember 7, 2010
Golden silk fabric
Cleaning Silk
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Growing Indian Corn
Growing Indian Corn
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 27, 2016 at 7:25:41 PM on 10.0.1.218 in 339 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.