My Frugal Life: Brought Up Frugal

I was brought up in the frugal lifestyle. My Frugal LifeA lot of my clothing was from second hand stores or made over from another garment. About the only things bought new were underwear and shoes. Even after I got married and had kids, I still look for bargains. I love yard sales, thrift stores, etc. I have bought a lot of nice items from these places.

Even when doing grocery shopping, I rarely buy brand name items. I buy store brand which I feel is just as good and I can get more for my money. I love the dollar stores. I have found good deals here. At my place of employment we have a collection box at Xmas time for toys for under privileged kids. I usually spend about 25.00 at the Dollar Tree and take these items in for the box.

By Kathy from NH

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here:

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeAugust 5, 2010
curbside trash can
Tricks to Tell When the Trash Has Been Picked Up
Predicting the Weather
a girl doing crafts outside
Craft Ideas for Camping
Red Bone Coon Hound
Red Bone Coon Hound Breed Information and Photos