Brightening Up Dingy Laundry

I washed a yellow t-shirt in cold water with dark colors. It is now looking a little dingy. I was wondering if there is a way to get it back to it's original brighter color.

By Doug from Pompano Beach, FL

I buy a generic brand of Oxi-Clean at the dollar stores. Soak your shirt in a solution of water and Oxi-Clean for several hours and it should remove the dingy color. Then wash the shirt again with regular detergent.

And in future, wash the shirt with only light colors. If this whole oxi-clean soaking business is too much for you, you could just try washing the shirt with the light colors for the next couple of times. It may be that the dinginess will wash out in regular detergent.

I always wash my yellows and pale pinks with the white load.

Clorox all fabric bleach is another good alternative. Dry in the sun. Should be good as new. Make sure you don't use the regular clorox bleach. Use the one that is safe for colors.

Dingy Clothing on a Clothing Line
Solutions for Dingy Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryApril 23, 2010
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry
Brightening a Dark Room
Brightening a Dark Room
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
🎉
🎄