Rubber Ducks Not Floating Upright

I purchased some small, but cute, rubber ducks for a Winter Carnival Duck Pond. I now find the ducks will not float upright but fall over to one side. Does anyone have any ideas on how to weight them or another way of doing them without water? I tried taping a small washer to the bottom but it didn't help. How heavy would a weight need to be? If I find something that works, I'll glue them on. Thanks for all suggestions.

Melody from Oak Ridge, TN

I have never bought a rubber duckie that actually floated in the water. I have tried everything and finally gave up. I would suggest buying smaller ones that have smaller head areas on them. All of mine seemed to be top heavy. Hope this helps.

What about putting a layer of sand inside them.

Try your local Craft's Shop... obviously a weight, glued along the centered-bottom should work; maybe there are other items at the CS that might be an easier answer..

Do the ducks have a hole in the bottom where air blows out when you squeeze the duck? If so, squeeze the duck and submerge it in water. Let go and it will "inhale" water. The water should make it bottom-heavy enough to float upright. Might take a couple of "inhales" to get the right amount of water inside the duck.

Consumer Advice General AdviceFebruary 4, 2009
Floating Flower Display
Making a Floating Flower Display
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps
Raising Runner Ducks
Raising Runner Ducks
🎄