Have Butcher Saw Turkey in Half for Easier Freezer Storage

Turkeys are always cheapest at this time of year, so if possible, buy an extra for a few months from now. You can ask the butcher to saw it in half and store the halves in your freezer, or give one to a friend. The halves are easier to store in freezer than a whole bird.

By Linda from Vista, CA

Here in Oregon the butchers will not cut a turkey, they say it is a law to stop cross contamination. I used to buy the extra turkey in CA and they would cut them in quarters for me to freeze but that was many years ago.

I have tried a number of times at several different grocery stores in my area and they will not cut a turkey here in western NY either. Good luck.

My mom once had the butcher cut a turkey breast in half and after thawing one half later it was 'oozing' all over. Turns out he had cut through the bag of turkey gravy they stuff inside the cavity of that brand of turkey breast. :-)

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsNovember 23, 2009
Scroll Saw Craft Ideas
Scroll Saw Craft Ideas
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Butcher Paper Rolls
Uses for Butcher Paper
Knife and Butcher Block
Butcher Block Care and Maintenance
🎄