Garage Sale: Label Boxes by Price

When organizing I always find things to sell in my annual garage sale. I put these items in boxes labeled by price ($1, $5, etc.) This saves a lot of time later when I actually price the items just before the sale.

By Erin from Jackson, MS

The problem I've found with that is that many people either deliberately put an item in a cheaper box, or else inadvertently get an item cheaper because somebody else put it into a cheaper box. This can cause some unpleasantness between the seller and the customers.

If writing labels by hand takes too long, just get some small labels you can use with your computer printer. I did that with our last rummage sale, and it worked great. :-)

Wow! That is such a great idea! Think of the time it would save when you are marking things! Duh! Should have thought of this one a long time ago!

This is a great idea Erin. I originally thought you meant that you set things out in priced boxes at your yard sale(as WildIrish is refering to) but then I reread and realized this is a simple organizational tip for still price items individually before the sale. I typically have lower priced items that are very tendious to price individually (multiple .25 items, .50 items) Thats when pricing the box is not a major it a big deal if people mix the items up? not really...but if we were talking about $$$ then definitely.

Thanks Erin, for the tip.

A woman putting a balloon on a garage sale sign.
Garage Sale Tips and Tricks
Garage Sales Selling TipsJuly 13, 2008
Garage Sale Sign in Front of House Having a Sale
Promoting Your Garage Sale
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Yard Sale Sign
Making Garage Sale Signs
garage sale
Preparing for a Garage Sale