Making the Most of Your Heat

Moisture in the air makes it feel warmer. I heat my home with a wood burning stove not designed to heat it. I keep 2 canning jar pans full of water on it and move the air with fans that have filters. I also keep bedrooms colder.

By Jill from Utah

I have forced natural gas heat, but I make use of this idea too. I bought 4 nice bowls at Wal-Mart. I placed one in my bedroom, one in my son's bedroom, one in the hall (on top of bookcases), and a fourth in the bathroom-- all filled with water to add humidity. I also use a cold air humidifier at night in my bedroom. Downstairs, I have wide mouth canning jars filled with water near each floor vent. If I soak in the tub, I leave the warm water in the tub when I am done to add warmth and humidity--I drain it once it's cooled. The humidity really makes a house feel warmer and more comfortable.

Better Living Green Living HeatingJanuary 5, 2006
An orange cat in heat.
How Often Can a Cat be in Heat?
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Above Ground  Swimming Pool
Saving Energy on Swimming Pools
🎄