Uses for Old Pillow Cases

I recently cleaned out my old linens and got rid of the things I don't use or need. I had several old pillowcases that I saved and used them to store my quilts. I used some as garbage bags and they were very sturdy and I saved plastic bags from going to the landfill. I will continue doing this in the future. In the movies when you see someone running away and packing in a pillowcase, I just chuckle and go on. Hobos were frugal before being frugal was "cool!"

By Happy in Harned from Harned, KY

Pillowcases make great gift wrap. Look for wild or delicate patterns at thrift stores, get bold patterns for males. Single men can always use another pillow case. A young girl might appreciate a vintage pillow case of lace or embroidery.

I have another great idea. I use old pillowcases to store nonstick cookware so it doesn't get scratched.

I put a zipper on the open end, and with an old pillow I have the perfect size dog beg for a small crate that's easily washed.

I also use old pillowslips to store my 'fake' Christmas tree in. I put one on each end and a couple of safety pins to hold them together in the middle. The tree stays nice and dust free all year, and none of the 'branches' are knocked off either.

They also make great pillow protectors. Just pop one over your pillow, then put your regular pillow slip on as usual, but with the opposite end at the opening. If your pillow slips are pure cotton or linen, they also make great soft dusting cloths.

New pillowslips also make the perfect sized cover for a baby's bassinet mattress. It's just like a fitted sheet and then can still be used on baby's single bed when it's ready to move up a size. They are also lovely gifts if you embroider a monogram and/or some rose buds, etc. around them. They also fit nicely in a baby carriage/pram.

Pillow cases are great to store quilts in. But never put a quilt in any kind of plastic bag. The quilt needs to breathe. Also every 6 months at least you should take out of pillow cases and refold so the creases do not become permanet.

I use them for laundry. We have a 2 story home and sometimes carrying a laundry basket downstairs is not so handy. So I sort my laundry upstairs and put each color load in a different pillowcase. These are much easier to handle...even throw one over my shoulder. lol

I have also used them for wrapping gifts.

Embroidered vintage handkerchief.
Uses for Old Linens
Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 14, 2010
DVD Media Case on White Background
Uses for DVD Media Cases
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases
Three large stacks of CD Jewel Cases.
Uses for CD Jewel Cases
Plastic VHS Boxes
Uses for Plastic VHS Cases
🎉
🎄