Repairing a Seam on a Leather Couch

How do I repair torn seams on a leather furniture suite?

By Helen from Inverness highland

March 31, 2011 Flag

I just bought a leather couch from my friend and noticed that the seam behind the middle cushion is ripped. I can actually see the wood when I pull it apart. How can I fix this on my own so it doesn't continue to rip?

Katie from Washington, DC

Repairing a Seam on a Leather Couch

Leather items can often be easily re-sewn by using heavy duty button-hold thread and using the original holes. (11/02/2007)W

Repairing a Seam on a Leather Couch

walmart sell curved needles (a U-shaped needle) that would be easy to use because you can better reach in with it come back out with no difficulty. Buy you some (upholstery thread there too) its on the thread section it comes in many colors and tells on the top that its upholstery thread. The eye of the curved needle it big so you can use this type strong thread in it and just whip stitch close stitches together until you get to the end and go back the other way whip stitching again then knot tie off your thread and cut the thread there. it will hold well. (11/02/2007)

By theseamstress

Edge of a brown leather couch
Repairing a Leather Seam
Home and Garden Repair FurnitureMarch 31, 2011
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Old leather Couch with missing button
Repairing a Leather Couch
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather