How Can I Alter a Pair of Child's PJs That Are Too Small?

My son outgrew a pair of pj's that are adorable, and I would like for him to get more use out of them. They have a hole in the toe, so I thought of maybe cutting the feet off, but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas for a pj remake? Or maybe an internet site you can direct me to?

By Kelly

February 12, 20110 found this helpful

Do they fit everywhere else? Is it only the feet he has outgrown? If so, I would cut off the feet, and add some wide ribbing as a cuff. If the sleeves are also getting to short, you could add the same ribbing to be cuffs on the sleeves.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
February 16, 20110 found this helpful


If you want them to have feet just cut off the feet and replace it with socks sewn to the fabric. Be sure to turn them wrong side out and sew the socks in so they don't show. Any color sock will do. If the pj's are too tight add a panel of a solid color to match the print on each side. Simple, easy and usable.

Good luck!


ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
February 16, 20110 found this helpful

Make them into short PJ's for summer wear.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Crafts Clothing AlterationsFebruary 12, 2011
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child
Resizing Baking Pans
Baking Pan Conversion
Christmas Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 30, 2016 at 10:46:42 PM on in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.
Loading Something Awesome!