How Can I Alter a Pair of Child's PJs That Are Too Small?

My son outgrew a pair of pj's that are adorable, and I would like for him to get more use out of them. They have a hole in the toe, so I thought of maybe cutting the feet off, but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas for a pj remake? Or maybe an internet site you can direct me to?

By Kelly

Do they fit everywhere else? Is it only the feet he has outgrown? If so, I would cut off the feet, and add some wide ribbing as a cuff. If the sleeves are also getting to short, you could add the same ribbing to be cuffs on the sleeves.

If you want them to have feet just cut off the feet and replace it with socks sewn to the fabric. Be sure to turn them wrong side out and sew the socks in so they don't show. Any color sock will do. If the pj's are too tight add a panel of a solid color to match the print on each side. Simple, easy and usable.

Good luck!

Make them into short PJ's for summer wear.

Crafts Clothing AlterationsFebruary 12, 2011
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child
Resizing Baking Pans
Baking Pan Conversion