Pleated Ribbon Brooch
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 239 Posts
December 14, 2017
This ribbon brooch looks really classy. You can alter the look by changing the width and length of the ribbon, by adding or subtracting the number of ribbon pieces you use and by choosing ribbons of different colours and patterns.
You can also use it on a hairband, hair clip, or a corsage, or as a gift bow.
- one inch wide ribbon
- ruler or tape measure
- needle and thread
- fabric glue
- small piece of narrow ribbon or braid
- 1 brooch pin
- Cut 6 lengths of one inch wide ribbon about 4.5 to 5 inches long.
- Cut a v in each end of each ribbon.
- Fold one of the ribbons in half lengthways and catch the sides together with a central stitch.
- Repeat this with all of the pieces.
- Arrange the ribbons together.
- Sew them together with a back stitch.
- Cut a short length of narrow braid or ribbon.
- Apply fabric glue to the centre of the ribbons.
- Wrap the braid around the centre and either hold in place until it has stuck, or secure with a little stitch.
- Sew and/or glue the pin to the back.
- Cut another tiny piece of ribbon.
- With a little dab of glue use this piece of ribbon to neaten the back and hide any stitching.
- Experiment with different types of ribbon.
- You can make different styles and colours to match different outfits. You can also make a matching set by using them on hair clips, handbag charms or on a wrist band as a corsage.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.