Upcycled Valentine's Candy Box Birthday Gift

Category Other
Heart shaped candy boxes make the perfect beginning for a repurposed birthday gift. Some paint, stickers, and other decorations alter the original message and the plastic candy compartments can be used for little message papers. Learn how to create your own below.

I always save packaging in case myself or the kids want to make something or use it for crafts. I finally thought of a great idea and gift for my mom for her birthday using this Valentine's heart candy box.

You could apply this same concept for an anniversary present too. Or you can take out the candy tray and use this to make a large greeting card, photo box, letter, or something special.

Total Time: 20 minutes

• heart shape candy box
  • paint
  • paper
  • marker
  • scissors/paper trimmer
  • heart stickers

1. Cover the brand/logo with paint. I used the cotton ball approach and dabbed on red paint. I had to do 3 layers.
  2. Advertisement

3. Figure out what you'd like to write/put on the outside of the box. You could write Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday, or Happy Wedding Anniversary. I glued glitter letters I had to spell out HBD MOM.
  4. Use a paper trimmer or scissors and cut paper strips. (I need to purchase a new paper trimmer blade). I made 14 strips because there are 14 candy pockets.
  5. Using the paper strips handwrite cute little messages on why you love/appreciate your special someone. In our family, especially to my parents and culture, it's harder to express our love, but during this pandemic and time I thought it'd be a great gift to express these feelings to her. Then fold the messages up.
  6. Advertisement

7. Place one in each pocket. I added a foam heart on the outside.
  8. To customize this box even more, because this one had a heart shaped see through area, I cut out a photo of my mom and placed it there. But for display purposes I put a piece of white paper so you could see it. If your box doesn't have this heart cut out, you could use an X-acto knife and cut out a heart shape too!
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherJuly 29, 2020
😎
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
Generated 2020-08-03 15:58:26 in 561 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Upcycled-Valentines-Candy-Box-Birthday-Gift-1.html