Bark Peeling at the Base of a Weeping Cherry

I have an 8 year old weeping cherry tree with peeling bark at the base of the tree. The trunk is also sunken in a bit under the peeling bark. The affected area faces south. Could it be from the sun? I also found an insect casing at the base of the tree, it looks like a pupa case. Could I have a double problem? I'm not sure what to do to save this tree. Otherwise, it seems very healthy. Hope you can help!

Hardiness Zone: 6b

Jeannette from Lancaster,PA

Answers

Home and Garden Gardening Trees Tree HealthJuly 31, 2008
Dog Barking
Training Dog to Not Bark at Other Dogs
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Almond Bark
Storing Almond Bark
🎄