Check Under Furniture When Babyproofing

Check under the furniture when childproofing a home for a new baby, very important and potentially life saving! Before my first baby started crawling, I thought to myself "I better check and double-check everything." I ran my hand under the entire body of the couch and ran across a furniture staple that had worked itself loose and was plunging downward like a dagger. I had to get pliers to pull the thing out. It was a very sharp, spiraled, metal furniture staple and I was aghast that it had been there for many years without even knowing it.

Had I not found that staple sticking downward out of the bottom of my couch, it is very disturbing to imagine what kind of damage that could have done to my very young son's arms or legs. When my baby started crawling, he was always near, under, or around that couch.

Please check underneath all furniture, love seats, recliners and chairs for anything sticking out that you're not expecting to be sticking out! We all check the obvious, but that one was an eye-opener for me and I am fortunate that devastating damage to my precious one was avoided!

By Chichijunk from Cleveland, OH

Parenting Baby SafetyApril 28, 2009
Background Check
Know What Information Is In Your Background Check
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Antique Table
Finding the Value for Your Antique Furniture
🎄