Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Home Remedies for Foot Calluses

Dry hard calluses on your feet are uncomfortable. This is a guide about home remedies for foot calluses.

January 27, 2010 Flag

I use a styrofoam sanding block to buff off the dried dead skin from the bottom of my feet. It's best to use them after bathing or showering while your feet are softer. It's best to slightly wet the sanding block as well. Sanding blocks are less expensive, more coarse, and last longer than the coarse finger nail files that I've used. In addition, they leave your feet feeling very soft and smooth.

By anorman from Williamsport, TN

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use a callous smoother purchased from the drug store. But, I use it on my dry feet. I find that it is much more effective that way.

October 5, 2010 Flag

I tend to use duct tape to splint my fingers when they need a bandage that lasts through dish washing. I eventually discovered that if you put a piece over a clean toe where there is a callous, by the end of the day the skin is softer. I have only ever had one problem using duct tape, and that is when I left it on as a splint on a broken finger for more than a day without taking it off and it got infected. Even the doctor I went to said it was not the duct tape that caused the infection.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton TN

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It might be better to use the sticky part of a large bandaid. Duct tape is not meant to be stuck on skin. It has chemicals in it and other elements that while they may not cause infection they might surely cause a reaction which can get infected. Only use something on your skin that is made for skin. A diabetic could get a serious condition from duct tape.

March 3, 2015 Flag

I am type 2 diabetic and bought an Emjoi Micro-Pedi foot file. It runs on two AA batteries and has been a relief. I find that if I soak my feet in hot water with a 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and then use the micro-pedi while my feet are not quite dry but mostly dry, I can get most of them off.

It took a while to figure it out. Tonight, I used the micro-pedi and my calluses are not as bad as they were yesterday. It will take a few treatments and hopefully they will not be so bad. Sorry that I have not put pics of my feet up, but I hate my feet right now and am embarrassed to post a pic of them. LOL

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hands massaging a sugar scrub into feet

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making strawberry foot exfoliant. Smooth out rough callouses on your feet with an exfoliant made from strawberries and other ingredients.

I've noticed several people asking about dry skin or calluses and my podiatrist recommended for me corn huskers lotion available at most retailers usually runs about $2 a bottle and a little bit will work.

I use a Stridex pad over the calloused area, add Vaseline and a cotton sock before bed. In the morning, my feet are soft and smooth for longer periods than just filing them down.

October 19, 2015 Flag

I am a pastry chef so I am on my feet for hours everyday. Not only do I work, but I commute via public transportation to school and back. The past 3 years have been rough on my feet. I have thick calluses on the bottoms of both feet. I could wear the most comfortable shoes, but at the end of the night I'm walking in pain because of my calluses. It feels like both feet have been dragged/scrapped against pavement. Please can anyone help me out? I use to have smooth beautiful feet. Now my feet are just disgusting and the pain is horrible.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It looks like the pads of your feet are shifting forward. I think your shoes might not be right or you need a good orthotic insert. If your feet hurt now you have a working life of misery ahead of you. Get it taken care of now.

See a podiatrist for orthotics, most definitely! Buy the best walking shoes you can afford, from a store that specializes in athletic shoes. Many times the salesperson will have specific training to match you with the best shoe for your feet and for your job. Be sure to ask what kind of mileage to expect (shoes have mileage, just like tires) and be prepared to replace them when they wear out. Many times the upper part of the shoe is still in good condition, but the support you need from the soles is gone. I stand all day and I replace my shoes about every 6 months because, if I don't, I start having foot, knee, hip, and back pain.

June 6, 2011 Flag

I have calluses a half inch thick on the bottom of both my feet, the whole bottom of my foot is covered with it. How can I get them to go away without cutting them off with a knife, like I've been doing?

I have had them my whole life and have never seen anyone else have them like this. Both my girls have it too, but my parents don't! Were did this come from and how do I get rid of it?

By Chris S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

After years of buying everything on the market for cracked heels I found the solution! First buy Tree Tea oil in the health food or vitamin store and apply it every day until the skin starts to thin. Then purchase some Emu oil and apply it faithfully and it will soften the skin and make your feet look and feel much better. Good luck!

Noxzema. Rub on feet in the morning and when you go to bed. Rub it in and put sox on. I did this and all my calluses turned yellow and wiped off with a wash rag. It will take a couple of months of applications. My feet are smooth now. It even got rid of my toe nail fungus.

February 25, 2012 Flag

What will remove a callous naturally?

By Cindy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I sand mine off with a emory board but sandpaper would do the same.

You will find that using a pumice stone or file for removing calluses works much better when your feet are dry.

Does anyone know of a natural remedy for a callous on the bottom of my foot? It is on my left foot, on the left side which makes it hard to reach. I tried soaking it in Epsom salts. Thank you.

By Pamela from Sun Lakes, AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I had this last week only my callouses had cracks in them. I happened to come across a green tin called Bag Balm. It's originally used to help keep a cow's teats soft but believe me it works on humans also. I've had cracks in my fingers in the winter and this takes care of them. I put some of this salve on my feet just as I get into bed and the next morning my feet have no more cracks that hurt. It takes a couple of nights to really soften the callouses but it's great. You can find this in a farm supply store like Tractor Supply. It's just great. Sometimes the old fashioned ways are best!

One more post ;-) I have a cousin who uses bag balm and he loves it for daily use for soothing his skin and keeping dryness at bay but it does not remove the callouses so he uses the Active oil and pumice paddle once a week.

You don't need to go to a farm supply to purchase bag balm because you can buy it at most pharmacies, some super size stores like Wal-Mart and online.

February 19, 2012 Flag

Will a soak with oatmeal help my sore, badly calloused feet? I have callouses on the balls of my feet and heels, as well as rough skin on the bottom of my toes.

By crazy Janey

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Add dry milk to your foot bath. It contains lactic acid that will help shed that old skin. Use the milk often and you won't have the problem. It will soften it and make it easy to remove with a pumice stone or scratch it off with your fingernails or the edge of a metal nail file. You can also use sanding paper to remove the dry, hardened skin.

This will be a quicker fix, and then use the milk foot bath often. Adding baking soda with the milk will make your feet so soft. Get you an organic foot cream with lactic acid to use daily. Using the milk and baking soda in your tub bath is great for the whole body. I usually use 1 cup of each.

March 13, 2011 Flag

Is there a way to permanently remove callouses? Also is it better to use a pumice stone or shave them?

By Nancy286 from Sunset Beach, NC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

http://www.ehow  s-feet-soft.html

This procedure is not recommended for those who have been diagnosed with diabetes. If you have diabetes it is best to have a physician care for your feet.

This winter I had problems with my heels being very dry and cracked. I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and purchased an inexpensive foot file. After showering I used the abrasive side of the file and sanded off the dry cracked skin. Then used the smooth side of the file on my heels. Then massaged my feet with foot cream. I've been doing this on a regular basis and now the heels on my feet are very soft and smooth.

September 15, 2004 Flag

I would like to know if there is an alternative to expensive pedicures (even at the beauty school here they are $20, the salon/esthetician is $30-$60). My feet are very dry and calloused, moisturizing, even using petroleum jelly at night with cotton socks isn't enough. I would love some frugal ideas/solutions to help me solve this beauty issue. Thank You

Cindy from Alberta, Canada

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Get a pumice stone and use it twice a day, followed by a good thick heavy cream, or Vaseline or coconut oil. You may even have to use the lotion 3 times a day. Wearing socks all day can dry out your skin as well, as the fabric soaks up your skins natural oils. I have seen where some will warm up the lotion or cream first, then apply it, then wrap the feet in plastic wrap for 30 minutes.

I bought a diamond foot file 20 years ago and still have it. It's a great investment

March 4, 2011 Flag

Cindy from Alberta, Canada

Answers:

Frugal Solution Needed For Extremely Dry Feet and Callous Removal

I use the jars of lotion you can buy from Avon. Any scent will do. I use it in the morning after showering and again before bed. It works great especially at night when I wear socks to bed. Probably any lotion would do I like this one the best.

Good luck (09/15/2004)

By Amy

I don't know how frugal you would consider this, as you need to buy or borrow a paraffin bath machine large enough for your feet. I borrow one from daughter-in-law, use sloughing lotion after bath, then cover feet with heavy body cream or lotion, leaving plenty on feet....doesn't need to be all rubbed in. Place feet in bath, dunking several times and then place plastic bags on feet and relax. After wax cools, peel off and feet feel soft as silk. The heat helps the pores open and helps feet accept the lotion. (09/15/2004)

By Linda

Start with the beginning- the skin. Go to Wal-Mart or somewhere and get a FOOT FILE. It is a giant emery board. Rough side and smooth side. Use the rough side to knock the build up off and follow up with the smooth side. Do this to dry feet so you can file the dead skin off better. Gently file away the excess dead dry skin. This foot file is also good on corns and callouses if you can stand it. You will be shocked to know what find ,beautiful soft skin under all that dry stuff. I use to do home health care and it works wonders. DO NOT soak your feet and scrape with knife! If you are a diabetic let your nurse do this foot filing and corn and callous remover. She may send you to a foot doctor.

When you are through & by the way be sure & put a towel under your foot while filing. The fine powder that will fluff off is the dead dry skin you are filing away. This is a good thing to do while watching t.v., then have your bath and rub lotion on after bath. Also the balls of net to bath with is very good to bath with as it really helps fluff the dead skin off your body. About oil on the feet remember you walk with those feet and be careful of when you use the lotion and where & how you walk with it on.
After you do this you are going to feel like a new person! (09/15/2004)

By M.B.W.

Please try a product called EUCERIN that you can purchase in the department of most stores that carry medical items or ask your pharmacist. It's an over the counter product, a bit on the pricey side, but well worth it. Good luck & I hope this helps you. (09/15/2004)

By joesgirl

I am diabetic and have had problems with dry feet due to poor circulation. When i asked my doctor what to do, he recommended petroleum jelly. The secret, according to him, is to apply the jelly while the feet are still wet from the bath and then to put on socks. It worked for me. It could take a while for your feet to completely heal depending on their condition. It is however very important to take good care of them. Even if it means spending a little extra money, it will be worth it in the long run. (09/28/2004)

By Mimi from GA

I think the Vaseline cure is excellent advice to cure dry feet.
I'd like to add an additional method. Take emulsified cod liver oil (orange flavor) and wash a spoonful down with some orange juice. (after breakfast) It does wonders for your dry skin. (09/29/2004)

By Cashy

Okay, get a foot file, they work wonders or pumice stones and rub on your feet every night then use a shallow amount of warm water with about 1 to 2 cups sea salt and move your feet around then use foot file and sleep with heavy amount of foot lotion or just lotion smeared all over feet thickly and wear cotton socks to bed. good luck (01/01/2005)

By

Frugal Solution Needed For Extremely Dry Feet and Callou

My Mom told me about this solution and I was reluctant at first but once I tried it I was sold. Try shortening, as in Crisco that's used for baking..it's unbelievable. Before going to bed lay on a good amount all over your feet, put on your socks. Overnight you would notice softer, smoother feet. Within a few days your feet would be unbelievably soft. Remember to use pumice stone to remove dead skin immediately after shower. (02/05/2005)

By Patricia

Mary Kay's Extra Emollient Night Cream is close to a miracle product. Even better yet is to buy the entire set it comes in called Satin Hands or Satin feet. It isn't cheap to buy but it works 5 times better than anything else and lasts a long time. Lotion just doesn't even compare to it. It's like it fixes your skin instead of rubbing grease on top of it. My mother in law used it on an old dried rabbit skin that was dry and stiff like a piece of wood and it turned it into a very soft and supple hide. It was amazing. (03/02/2005)

By TabbyCat

On a whim one night I tried this. My daughter had given me some cold cream she was not happy with, so after my shower, I rubbed in the cold cream, put on socks and went to bed. What a difference it made in my feet. I could put on panty hose without snagging them on my feet!! It worked for me. (03/07/2005)

By jaxi3

This is the solution from the guy who can tear new socks with his heal and or cut skin with an under sheet swipe. Soak feet in warm water every night before bed, shave and/or pumice then slather whatever suggested substance from above onto your feet. Then wrap your feet in plastic wrap, otherwise none of these will work you will just have greasy socks in the morning. Repeat as necessary. (03/10/2005)

By TenderMercy's

I'm still searching for relief myself, but I have had some improvement since wearing shoes/slippers/flip-flops all the time.
Being barefoot is the most comfortable for me, but my children get freaked out when the cracks in my feet leave blood tracks on the floor. =(
Good luck to you! (04/20/2005)

By Daphne

First of all, make sure the lotion you are putting on your feet has no or very little alcohol in it. alcohol dries the feet out more. i have severe cracked heels and i have tried the gold bond medicated lotion and it is great! i have just started using it and can already see a difference in my feet. be sure to file away dead skin everyday until the new skin is free from the dead skin build up. good luck! Deanna (05/16/2005)

By Deanna

Well for me, I try Vaseline Intensive Cream all over my feet and then cover it up with plastic wrap paper, do this 3 times a week before go to bed. (05/18/2005)

By Manny

The most frugal and healthiest solution is to use either olive oil (put on socks afterward) or use a SALT AND OLIVE OIL SCRUB before bath or shower - I didn't even use a rough skin file. OR you can use an avocado that is not so great to eat - this is messy - wear old socks. Fantastic. It is good for hands rough from gardening, also as a body scrub (2 parts ordinary salt to 1 part olive oil - If you can eat it, it'll be good for your skin. I had very sore cracked heels and soles of feet - within days they were much better. Cheers. (06/03/2005)

By PeggyWho

In addition to improving the outside, you might want to take a vitamin supplement with a name like, "Hair, Skin & Nails" which should help from the inside! (07/19/2005)

By cookwie

I used a disposable razor. After showering, I stayed in the shower and "shaved" my feet (actually just the calloused areas). It worked awesome and I believe it is safe because you really can't cut yourself with a disposable razor (on the calloused area). I'm going to do it every time I shower or every other time. I had a big crack in each heal and it is almost gone. (08/06/2005)

By Nancy

Vicks Vapor rub, mixed with Bag Balm. works in about an hour. As a bonus, the ingredients in Vicks can work to kill any type of fungus - something that also works well on yellow, thickened discolored toenails. The treatments offered at a dermatologist would include painting with Penlac for months, an oral medication that requires follow up with liver function testing, or months of treatment with Lamisil (very expensive).

I transcribe for an old-school dermatologist, he recommends slightly warmed vegetable oil for dry skin, along with cooler, shorter showering, and Vicks Vapor rub or plain petroleum jelly to dry, calloused skin of the hands and feet. (08/14/2005)

By no more foot trouble

I've used crushed aspirin mixed with water to make a paste to get rid of corns. Slap the past on the rough areas then you wrap your feet up in plastic and cover with socks. The aspirin just eats away the rough skin. You can check periodically to see how far it's gone. How long to leave it on depends on how many layers of rough skin you've got. Of course if your feet are cracked or have open sores using crushed aspirin would not be a good idea. (Someone else on this list suggested using aspirin to get rid of facial acne. Not sure if I would try that!) (11/13/2005)

By Planet Corn

For very dry feet, purchase pure Aloe Vera gel (more than 98%) at the health food store. Using a small tub (I use a small dish washing tub) put just enough aloe vera in bottom of tub to cover the bottom of your feet, place your feet in tub and soak them as long as you like. It is amazing, your feet almost seem to drink the aloe vera. You can also massage the aloe vera into your feet with your hands.

Also very helpful to take 1-2 tablespoons a day internally. You can buy pure aloe vera juice, but I prefer the gel. The consistency of the gel isn't the greatest, but you get used to it and you can take a drink of water after taking it. The gel is very healing for any inflammation of the feet or for that matter, any inflammation anywhere on the body. Taken internally, aloe vera gel is excellent for eliminating dry skin. For the most frugal, buy a aloe vera houseplant. Select a plumb leaf, wash, cut the leaf and apply the gel. (11/27/2005)

By gs7

This isn't inexpensive at first, but over time, it is the most frugal, and you get first class results.

Go to this site and buy the file for heels and callouses. It lasts forever. www.cherishop.com

Then use any high-density (you can turn it upside down, and it won't fall out) lotion or aloe.

Perfect footsies. (12/30/2005)

By the Oracle

I have horrible heels, the cracks get so deep it is painful and oh so embarrassing when in bed with my man and screeetch, there goes my heel across the sheets. Nasty. The only thing that ever really made my feet feel like they did when I was 10 is a LOT of attention. Drink a lot of water (moisture from the inside!), take a callous 'brick' (I bought mine from pedicurist), and go over your heels with vigor 100 times per foot (yes. 100) - you want soft feet, right? At night, put on lotion (or d jojoba oil - great stuff but pricey), then bag balm or vaseline, plastic bags and socks. No open heeled shoes, no bare feet. Put a small amount of vaseline on your heels, then a bandaid, then shoes. Walk with more weight on your toes, you likely walk heavily. Get a pedicure once a week if possible (you deserve a break). In 2 weeks you'll have soft feet, guaranteed. (02/10/2006)

By Ann

I had huge cracks on my feet that were like gaps. I smeared vaseline on them and then put sandwich baggies on them. In the morning they were as smooth as a babys bum. Good luck! (04/28/2006)

By Dawn

(b)Well now, how about a drastic solution which is better than anything I could have imagined?(/b)

I decided I needed a pedicure badly as the skin on my feet was starting to cause me trouble. So my husband used a sanding block and emery peper of various grades and set to work to sand the dry skin off my feet. Where the skin was really tough and really thick he used a flat sanding disk on his battery powered screwdriver (carefully as it got quite hot from the friction). By the time he had finished, they were very smooth and he had reduced the build up of skin back to how my feet used to be when I was a child. It was amazing.

He then massaged them with Vicks vaporub and wrapped them in cling film for 3 hours. They were a tiny bit sore for a couple of days (not surprising as they had lost the protection of the thick skin), but I now rub them with pumice each time I shower or bath, and put a moisturizer on them afterward, and they have stayed very soft and silky ever since then (3 years).

I asked him where he got this idea from and he told me that he had once been to a chiropodist and the chiropodist had used an electric sanding disk to get rid if the dead skin, so he had improvised. I would say that if you do this, be very careful as it can be a bit dangerous when using the sanding disk and dont use a coarser grade than 120. Do not use an electric drill, and make sure the screwdriver has a clutch so that it can spin slowly as well as fast, The sanding block worked quite well without an element of danger, but was much more labour intensive. (08/09/2006)

By Lana

I used to have problems with extremly dry feet. First get a lotion for feet that removes rough dry skin. I think Dr. Schols make some. The bottle I have is called Pedi-Cure. You rub it in then the dead/dry skin just kind of rubs off, its really weird. Then use a creamy vasoline. I have some that comes in a tube and rub a bunch on and put on cotton sock then slippers or something to keep warn, or do b4 bedtime, but wear socks! Repeat as needed, and use as preventative. (10/18/2006)

By Cathy k from MN

The best method i have found for removing thick areas of dead skin is to simply slice of the skin with a scalpel. simply bathe your feet and let them soak until the skin becomes quite soft, then with great care it should just slice away with little or no problems. When finished use moisturizer as required or desired. I'm sure I don't need to emphasize how incredibly sharp scalpel blades are and extreme caution is to be used. (03/14/2007)

By Stev666

My feet were the dryest, deepest cracked, uncomfortable feet (not to mention gross looking).

I reluctantly tried the Microplane (QVC item #V25812) and had suprising and incredible results!

I use Curel moisturizer every night & morning. I keep baby wipes in the nightstand and wash my feet & moisturize every night when I get into bed.

Once every couple of weeks I do a foot soak & simple pedicure ending with a deep moisture treatment using Mary Kay's Extra Emollient Night Cream & zip my feet into gallon-sized ziploc bags & then cotton socks to hold it in place. When I wake up in the morning, my feet are incredible!

My feet are in such good shape now, I can go 4 weeks without the deep moisture treatment sometimes!
(07/06/2007)

By Catherine

The best thing you can do!

Get a foot scraper..not the one that looks like a cheese shredder, but the one with the razor blade!

Soak your feet until the skin is soft
then peel away!
Do all the really heavily callused areas but don't go to deep!

Then rub lotramin anitfungal "athletes foot" cream on it
as much as you want to deny it, cracked callused ugly feet is just another type of athletes foot..you don't even need to be an athlete.

Then put clean! thick cotton socks on and go to bed
then the next morning there will be a huge difference!
Do if for like 2 weeks.
You might not have to scrape every night but always moisturize! (07/07/2007)

By Morgan

Do not get pedi's! they don't do anything to help and the objects they use have so many germs its pathetic ..and theres no way of them proving they sanitized it correctly (07/07/2007)

By morgan

I finally stumbled across Zims Crack Cream after years of trying what people told me would work(and didn't- like petroleum jelly and socks) . It is basically an oil that I apply after I have used a foot file. When used daily or every other day, I can maintain my feet so they are not painful. Somedays - they even feel "soft and normal". Good Luck (08/05/2007)

By Idance

QVC (or HSN) sells a product called Surgeon's Secret. Amazing!

I agree, Bag Balm is great.

A woman who gave me a pedicure said to use the foot file after you get out of the shower (that's what she did during my pedicure). Really makes a difference from using the foot file first.

(08/27/2007)

By metroplex

Go to http://www.Earththerapeutics.com and order their "Nail and Cuticle Care" at $7.99 for a 4 oz. tube. (Kohl's Dept Store sells this brand, but doesn't often have the cuticle cream in stock). Squeeze out about 1" of the cream for each foot and just keep massaging it into your feet. The hardened dead skin will start peeling off, leaving softer skin exposed. I had used the cream for over a year to soften and remove my hard as a rock cuticles. I discovered that it's great for exfoliating dead skin and softening skin when I accidentally squeezed out too much cream, so I massaged it into my hands like hand lotion. Dead skin began rolling up and my hands immediately felt much softer. So I started using it on my feet too. I've tried literally hundreds of ideas - lotions, moisturizers, petroleum jelly/socks, pumice stones- and nothing else works for me. (09/23/2007)

By barbc

Dr Sholl's Skin Softening Foot Rasp and Dual Action Swedish File plus Bag Balm followup may be all you will need to deal with calluses. (10/18/2007)

By B. Rudoy

Try a product call Flesitol Heel Balm ( the cheapest place to buy it is WalMart) sold in 4oz. tube. Another product that is a good moisturizer is Hoofmaker (maine and tail) I purchase it at a place that sells things for horses. This product is for human use and is excellent. Good Luck! Sounds like you are cracking up! ha! and willing to try anything, stay away from the cheap hand lotions that contain alcohol and perfumed products. Its not about smelling good, but feeling good. (12/02/2007)

By grammagogo

I have poor circulation from a hereditary disease called CMT. It is a type of Muscular Dystrophy. Anyway, I tried Blue Goo CVracked Heel. it is made of Emu oil. I have severe deep thick skin on the bottom of my toes because they rub. I also have severely cracked feet. This oil started removing the thick layers of skin instantly while I was rubbing it on. Within 2 minutes big pieces of skin were coming right off. It was unbelievable. It softened the cracked areas. I have never seen this type of results from any product. I have spent hundreds of dollars on different treatments. This is the first one to give dramatic instant improvement. BEST $2.00 I have ever spent! (08/30/2008)

By Christie

After years of dry, cracked heels and feet I modified a treatment and it worked amazingly. First take a stidex pad (for acne) generic works fine, it must have salicylic acid (aspirin) in the ingredients. Rub the pad all over, paying special attention to very dry areas. The first time I used 2 pads per foot. Then it is recommended to put vaseline on your feet and wear socks to bed. Instead I used emu oil, just a cheap variety, and put the socks on before bed. I noticed the difference the first time. It really works. For some it may take a few nights but I had results the first night. (11/25/2008)

By Leslie

Thanks, All, for the wonderful tips; i'll be trying them out. Can't wait to try the emu oil. Here's what's worked here... used to use just vasoline petroleum jelly then don socks; had to dedicate a couple pairs socks just for this since the vasoline was hard to remove. Couple yrs ago, when my feet were so rough, i asked my doc for his recommendations--soak in a bath of Johnson's Foot Soap for about 30 min. Then use pumice stone.

After shower, hand/body cream was used as usual. It's still used altho i'm more prone to using just the pumice stone after a shower, then hand/body lotion. Couple of winters ago, besides the pumice stone, olive oil was used--either 'straight' or mixed in w/my usual hand or body lotion, in varying amounts according to the seasons. Got the idea from the Bible since folks back then used olive oil for just about everything. It works wonderfully all over.

To keep the olive oil from going rancid during the warm months, i've sprayed in a bit of perfume, all of which have a fixative added; any scent will do. Am currently experimenting w/adding essential oils; research shows which are traditional fixatives or plus experimentation is being done. Hope this helps.
(06/17/2009)

By gator10tx

It was Athletes Feet

I had this very same problem and dealt with it by getting pedicures every week and supplementing that with lava stones to grind the skin off every night in the bath tub and right before bed putting lotion on them.Some nights I couldn't sleep my feet tingled and burned so bad but never itched so I never considered Athletes Feet until one night my dad grabbed my foot and said I can give you a pill that will cure that its athletes feet.

I didn't believe it could be that simple but he said that him and my brother had the same thing last year and the doc gave them a 2 day pill and it cured them. I talked to my doctor and he said all I needed to do was use Athletes feet cream for a couple of weeks and it would be healed walla it worked. after 2 years of fighting this it was a very simple case of athletes feet. Mind you I am a very clean person and take care of my feet but still got it. Hope this helps (07/20/2009)

By cbaldwin

Thanks to all of you :-) I had immediate (well 3 hours) results - after reading all these posts - I went to the 99 cent store and bought some generic aspirin and generic athlete's foot cream, ground the aspirin in the spice grinder and mixed it with the athlete's foot cream, (first I soaked my feet in hot water and Epsom salts) made a paste and applied to my heels, wrapped with plastic wrap and waited 3 hours - washed my feet in hot water and Epsom salts and WOW the callous' were softened and came off easily with pumice. Not for years have my feet been so soft. Thanks to everyone who posted - Frances Southern California (11/15/2009)

By Frances2000

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Health & Beauty Home RemediesFebruary 20, 2012
Hands massaging a sugar scrub into feet
Strawberry Foot Exfoliant
Dog's paw, showing pads.
Remedies for Your Pet's Dry Feet
Stinky Feet on Hardwood Floor
Remedies for Stinky Feet
dry heel on foot
Home Remedies for Dry or Cracked Feet
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 11:26:54 PM on 10.0.2.28 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.